Author Topic: 5000 Call Routing Mystery  (Read 1045 times)

Offline mrtv44

• Contributer
    • View Profile
5000 Call Routing Mystery
« on: April 04, 2023, 10:56:18 AM »
Mitel 5000. I have an external number that is being sent to our system over PRI (confirmed by telco).  In call routing tables, I have said number mapped to a phantom extension.  If I dial the phantom extension internally, it works as expected.  But, if I dial the outside line, I'm being forwarded to another user's extension and voicemail...something that was previously set up on this number.

I do a bunch of common things, including changing the routing table to a local phone, even deleting the entry from the call routing table but the forward is still active.

There are no forwards set on the extension that this external number keeps getting sent to.

As a workaround, I had to forward that user's phone to the intended phantom group...but obviously they would like their extension back.

I've stumped by telco, and I've more than stumped myself.  Something I've done 700 times without issue is now a disaster on try number 701.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5000 Call Routing Mystery
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 11:24:50 AM »
mrtv44,

I could be wrong, but it sounds like the number is forwarded by the C.O. to another DID.

If the user it always goes to has any direct DID(s) then change it/them to your extension and see if the number you are testing also changes to that.

If the number calls the new location that the DID went to then the C.O. is forwarding the number.

If it doesn't follow to the new location then put the DID back to the user as the issue may be that the number you are routing is not what you have in the routing table.

Do you have a + or E in your routing table? If you don't then add + [Anything] or E [Everything] to the bottom of the list and send it to your phone for testing and see if the call gets routed to you.

If neither of those works then there are two other options you can do, but I would get a certified technician to do them.

1. Look at the D-Channel information coming in for the call and verify what you are recieving.
2. Change the routing table to a new routing table within the C.O. Trunk Group that sends all calls to you. Change the flags on your phone to show the routed numbers to see what is being sent in. I would do this before or after hours to reduce the amount of calls coming in during testing.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10