Author Topic: International calls not routing as expected  (Read 1308 times)

Offline rwiltshire

• View Profile
International calls not routing as expected
« on: April 03, 2023, 10:45:25 AM »
Hi,

I'm picking up a Mitel system in a new company because "I have some phone experience" but no Mitel.

I have an issue where international calls are not being routed as expected.  Mitel is located in the US
1. inbound call from an international number to a US number
2. MiCollab auto-attendant picks up the call
3. Caller selects from the auto-attendant - destination is a blind transfer to a System Speed Call number
4. SSC destination is a US number for an external service
5. 10% calls are routed the external service as expected.  90% of calls get "this party is not accepting calls at this time".  The same calling number can be routed successfully and fail, often within minutes of each other.

All domestic inbound calls are routed as expected.

Carrier says there are no restrictions on the service and no digits are being removed/changed

MiVoice Business release 8.0 PR3

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: International calls not routing as expected
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2023, 11:24:06 AM »
I've had issues before with transferring from voice mail to a speed dial to an external number, it doesn't follow the "Overrides Toll Control" setting even when enabled. Make sure you enter an ARS line for the specific external number to send it out the appropriate route with the appropriate COR Group assigned.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 04:18:18 PM »
One other idea: if you're passing on the original CPN of the international caller, either your carrier or the receiving carrier could be rejecting the call if the number doesn't meet STIR/SHAKEN standards.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 04:21:52 PM »
One other idea: if you're passing on the original CPN of the international caller, either your carrier or the receiving carrier could be rejecting the call if the number doesn't meet STIR/SHAKEN standards.

I'd have to agree with lundah on this one.  I'd expect that the outbound carrier is blocking it.
What type of trunks are you using?

Ralph

Offline rwiltshire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 04:08:58 AM »
Thanks for the responses.

We are using SIP trunks from the same carrier in/out.  I had something of a breakthrough last night, the CID passthru has been disabled and ALL international calls are getting through (approx 10% before).  Next step is to get both international routing and CID working at the same time.

The carrier was my first stop - they've told me there are no restrictions on the service and they see the complete numbers from the caller and to the final destination.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10