Author Topic: How switch off the display on Mitel 5340  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Redcor

• View Profile
How switch off the display on Mitel 5340
« on: March 18, 2023, 05:41:59 AM »
I also googled "How switch off the display on Mitel 5340" and this is what I have found:
"Press the blue Menu key . Press Settings. Press Screen Saver. Select the inactivity time, which will activate the backlight switch to turn off."
But on my phone when I press the blue menu key when I press setting, I have only 2 options:
1) Text size
2) About 5340 IP Phone

The same issue about to set time and date...

Someone can explain to me what can I do to set properly the phone?

Thanks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: How switch off the display on Mitel 5340
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 09:29:04 PM »
Your device is in SIP mode, so most options are none existent... Those options for screen saver and such are in the MiNet firmware only.

Offline Redcor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 03:26:49 PM »
Your device is in SIP mode, so most options are none existent... Those options for screen saver and such are in the MiNet firmware only.

I get it, damn what a rip off. If I had known I wouldn't have bought it... Anyway thanks for the info.FX

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 07:47:27 PM »

I get it, damn what a rip off. If I had known I wouldn't have bought it... Anyway thanks for the info.FX
Honestly, using a Mitel phone (like a 52xx or 53xx model) as a SIP device is gigantic waste of time and effort... Almost no features work, except basic feature access codes and speed dials, otherwise it's a fancy looking single line phone.

You are way better off getting a low end Yealink or Grandstream device, or even a higher end one refurbished, to use as a SIP device... I mean you can get a brand new Yealink T31P for under $50 USD shipped, a refurbished Grandstream GXP1620 for $30, or a refurbished Yealink T46G for under $65 (if you want to be fancy)... Tough to argue with prices like that... And all of them are far easier to configure and use as a SIP device. I love Mitel phones in MiNet mode, but in SIP mode they are kind garbage.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 09:54:19 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10