Author Topic: MiVB 8.0 trunk alarm question  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
MiVB 8.0 trunk alarm question
« on: March 13, 2023, 01:08:20 PM »
I recently took over the duties of managing our local County government Mitel switch and Nupoint.

I actually installed the equipment 5 years ago before I retired from a local telco.

3 years ago the county swapped telcos for their maintenance and the current telco went from PRI trunks to SIP.

There has been a major on the system stating that 85% of the trunks are unavailable, which makes sense, because the 46 PRI trunk became unavailable when they T1s were turned down (plus 8 analog trunks). I got rid of one alarm by installing loopback plugs in the T1 framer.

I disabled the digital trunks hoping that would clear the alarm, but it didn't.

Will the alarm go away by deleting the digital trunks, or will I need to do additional action.

Trunks Major 54 85% >0 10% 100%

Jim

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVB 8.0 trunk alarm question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 01:56:38 PM »
You have to delete the Trunks, and Digital Links (I think) and there's a certain order it has to happen. If those are all gone and it's still there you may have to reboot. Could also try a DTSTAT CLEAR with the PLID in question.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 02:00:10 PM »
Thanks.

I'll try DTSTAT Clear first.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 10:50:37 AM »
Thanks.

I'll try DTSTAT Clear first.

It occurred to me that if you've deleted the Trunks in question there's probably not a PLID to clear so that may not be the best advice. SHOW FAULTS ALARMS may give more detail, though. How did you disable the trunks? If they are in manbusy it will still show the alarm. You would need to delete the programming.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10