Author Topic: Outgoing caller ID - display same number each time  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
Outgoing caller ID - display same number each time
« on: March 08, 2023, 04:56:28 PM »
We have multiple phone lines set up in our system. When someone dials out, the Caller ID will show the phone number for that particular number that it grabs. We would like to outbound caller ID to always show one particular number, which is the main number associated with our company. Is that something we'd configure on the Mitel or do I need to contact my carrier?

Thanks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Outgoing caller ID - display same number each time
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 09:58:38 PM »
Assuming you have analog POTS lines, then you will have to contact your carrier. Be aware that in some areas this is not allowed due to regulatory and some carriers do not have this capability for technical reasons.

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 09:41:03 AM »
Hi, we have 10 Optimum Business digital lines in a rollover group (set up on Optimum's end). I can set the caller ID name via Optimum, but it seems like a lot of phones do not see that info, but just the number instead.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 07:15:01 AM »
Rishi,

Digital trunking is typically a typically a T-1 or PRI. It sounds as though it is fractional either way with only 10 trunks.

Regardless it depends on whether Optimum is allowing you to make changes via the MVO-250 or not.

It most likely isn't since that is a requested feature and not their by default.

You will need to talk to Optimum and make sure they setup your Outbound Caller-ID to show the Name and Number you want on all of your calls.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10