Author Topic: Ring Group to Ring Group to Voicemail  (Read 773 times)

Offline BoiseBorn

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Ring Group to Ring Group to Voicemail
« on: February 24, 2023, 01:04:48 PM »
I have an IVR routine that allows a caller to enter a 3 digit code and then the call get's routed to a specific extension. If the call isn't answered the caller then get's that extension VM. I've been asked to change it to if the call isn't answered on the specific extension then a ring group of 7 extensions is dialed. If that isn't answered I'd like the call to land on the original extensions VM or even a group VM. I can't change the users extension call routing as a direct call still has to work the same.
So I attempted to create a RG with the user in it and then overflow to another ring group that rings the whole group. That solves the ringing but then if the call still isn't answered it ends up looking for the users ring group mailbox number instead of the group ring group mailbox number. I can add the users RG as an alt extension to the group RG mailbox but I have 7 people and you can only put 4 alts in a mailbox.
I love using the phone system to manage people...
Anyone have better way to achieve missed call hitting a group or ring group to ring group to shared VM box?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Ring Group to Ring Group to Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2023, 03:33:06 PM »
When the call hits NuPoint it will remember the original extension dialed and hit that mailbox. The workaround is to run the call through a NameTag hunt group, then when the call hits NuPoint it will look for the NameTag hunt group DN instead of the originally dialed extension. So if you want all of the calls that hit the 2nd group to go to the same mailbox, overflow the group to the NameTag hunt group, put an always reroute on the NameTag gorup DN to voice mail, then either assign the NameTag DN as your mailbox number or as an alternate extension.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10