Author Topic: Dial Out on Specific Line  (Read 1126 times)

Offline bvtech

• View Profile
Dial Out on Specific Line
« on: February 13, 2023, 01:29:58 PM »
I have a customer that is a small medical office with 7 analog lines.  They have a CXii with Embedded Voicemail and 6900 phones. Line 4 is a private line that rings on 1 phone.  They dial 9 to call out, but want to know what they can do to specifically dial out on line 4.  I thought maybe they could just dial the trunk number to dial out but that does not work. What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Dial Out on Specific Line
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 03:09:58 PM »
You can put the trunk in a special trunk group and then setup a new route and dial string to use it.
For example: if you use 9 to get out, set up 8 to access that trunk group specifically.

Or, you can set up a direct access code to use it.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 11:58:20 AM »
This can actually be accomplished a few ways, depending on how complex you want to make it...

There is a Direct Trunk Access code that can be dialed, followed by the trunk number... This can be done manually or put into a speed call key.

You can program the line as a private line on the phone, press the key and dial the number.

You can use ARS COR and Route Lists to accomplish this, but it can get complicated. You need to give this user a different COR and make a new route for the single L4 trunk with only that user able to access it via COR, then all dial patterns would go to Route Lists, the first route would be the one with the single trunk, and second choice would be the existing route. User A dials 9 and a number and accesses the Route List and goes out on L4 as the user is allowed, User B dials 9 and the same number and the first Route in the list is checked but COR doesn't allow them access to it, so it tries the second route, which the user is allowed to access. It's a little more complex than I am saying to program, but it works well, especially if you have multiple phones that need access to that line.

The other option would be setup another ARS leading digit of say "8" and duplicate the relevant entries in ARS dialed digits to access a route with L4 in it, so users dial 8+number to access L4, and 9+number to access the "regular" lines.

There are probably other ways, but these are the ones that come to mind...

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 01:48:43 PM »
I think I also answered this same question on another site, but you could do a Direct Trunk Select as well.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10