Author Topic: analong extension can't dial more than 3 digits...  (Read 1098 times)

Offline fit.rmartin

• View Profile
analong extension can't dial more than 3 digits...
« on: February 07, 2023, 12:15:19 PM »
Hi all,
I'm new to working on this system and Mitel systems in general. We have a system where there are 2 analog extensions. They both seem to be setup the same fro mwhat i can see now but one can't make or receive calls and when dialing numbers after 3 digits the phone just beeps.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: analong extension can't dial more than 3 digits...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 12:44:56 PM »
fit.rmartin,

Are you dialing the 8/9 like you do when dialing out of your non-analog phones?

It sounds as though you are not and the number you are dialing doesn't match an internal number.

OR

It is setup as a home phone and then you don't need to dial the 8/9 and you are which makes the number you are dialing invalid, but that would seem odd that it would stop after 3 digits; so most likely it is not setup this way.

OR

It could also be that the class of service for that phone is setup to not allow dialing outside of the system.

Thanks,

TE

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
Re: analong extension can't dial more than 3 digits...
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 12:49:49 PM »
I'm not an expert at Mitel system, YMMV, you are forewarned...

You could copy the settings from the working analog extension to the one giving you problems.  Hopefully when you paste it will give you a chance to choose what is being copied.  Read the list carefully and un-check the items which you don't want to copy, such as caller ID.

Best,

Jeff

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10