Author Topic: [V] preceeding calls coming in on line 1 - 5330e phones  (Read 1483 times)

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
[V] preceeding calls coming in on line 1 - 5330e phones
« on: February 03, 2023, 03:07:58 PM »
We are on 3300 SIP. A user reported and sent me a photo of calls that are suddenly coming in prefixed with a "[V]", then the location/name.

I have not seen this before and this just started showing up for her even though she has been in the same spot with the same phone for several years.

Any ideas?

Thanks!  8)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: [V] preceeding calls coming in on line 1 - 5330e phones
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 04:29:33 PM »
Do the simplest thing first - reboot the phone.
Next, get a SIP trace of the incoming call.  See if that is anywhere in the SIP trace. If yes, talk to carrier.
Next, verify the COS matches a known good phone.
Next, reboot the controller.

Try those things first ad see what happens.

Ralph

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 08:28:22 AM »
I've seen the V + a string of numbers from misconfigured Vicidial dialers that are often used by offshore spammers. They are open source and as such are inexpensive to implement, but also as such difficult to implement well.

Offline aperron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 09:04:12 AM »
This is something a lot of carriers are introducing as part of SHAKEN/STIR.  the [V] prefix on the calling party name indicates that the carrier is reasonably certain the call isn't a spam call.  I believe it indicates the number is [V]erified.

We had some issues with older Norstar PBXs not liking it, but the carriers are not able to suppress sending it as part of the name.

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 09:34:42 AM »
This is something a lot of carriers are introducing as part of SHAKEN/STIR.  the [V] prefix on the calling party name indicates that the carrier is reasonably certain the call isn't a spam call.  I believe it indicates the number is [V]erified.

We had some issues with older Norstar PBXs not liking it, but the carriers are not able to suppress sending it as part of the name.

Interesting, this is great to know, thank you so much!

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 01:17:00 PM »

Good stuff - thank you for sharing.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 06:30:36 AM »

Didn't know that!  Thanks for sharing.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10