Author Topic: Live Incoming Call Data  (Read 1603 times)

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Live Incoming Call Data
« on: January 31, 2023, 06:54:36 AM »
And since I'm working on this rather than what I'm supposed to be doing - I have another quandry.

We have a need to silently alert to incoming calls.  (this is a small charity radio studio)

There is an on-screen clock, which can take input over IP in any format (so a TCP packet would be fine etc.)

Can the MiVo250 do that?  Can it send out a "ringing" signal over IP?  We don't have any SIP endpoints - I had thought of maybe trying to capture SIP INVITE messages, but was a non-starter.

You guys are the fount of all knowledge!  Fingers crossed you can help!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Live Incoming Call Data
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 08:02:27 AM »
niddnet,

No, it doesn't do that and I am not sure exactly it is you are trying to accomplish with the clock solution.

You can turn off the ringing on the phone or lower the volume down to 1, but the system isn't going to send a packet to a third party to do something.

Now, you can have someone create a 3rd party application that monitors the OAI stream and look for the ringing event for that phone, but it will happen every time that phone is ringing.

You can also get a MiVoice Office Application Suite to do a Toaster pop-up whenever you get a call as well if they have a PC monitor in front of them.

Thanks,

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 08:27:46 AM »
Hi TE

It's a studio clock (which is a fullscreen Windows App) and it has various "lamps" which flash at particular events.  The screens are visible in each studio and in communal areas.

These are controlled either via contact closures, serial data, or IP data.  https://www.voceware.co.uk/products-vclock.aspx

As an example, when the presenter turns on their microphone, a data-packet is sent from the console which lights the "QUIET PLEASE" lamp.  A second command to turn it OFF is sent when the microphone is closed.

There is no desk-phone in the studio; only an audio-connection into the system through a converter.  (this will be connected to once of the analog ports).  We can use our existing strobe ringer to indicate ringing - I just thought I'd do something a little more advanced there was a datastream available on the system that was spewing out plaintext call logs or something.  I'm probably harkening back to the days before Mitel when there was a serial printer hanging off the back of the PBX printing every call made/received as the "log".....!

(The clock software can parse and ignore lots of data, and only react to / show what we specify)

I'm now thinking about whether I could use TAPI/CTI and a "bridge" to achieve what we need.

No big loss if we can't do it.  We'll just have a flashing strobe disco each time the studio phone rings! :D

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 03:00:06 PM »
niddnet,

It sounds as though you can just have the clock look at the OAI stream and pull your information from there if their software parses that you would just need to look for the ringing condition.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10