Author Topic: MWI for Mailbox on multiple phones?  (Read 1680 times)

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MWI for Mailbox on multiple phones?
« on: January 31, 2023, 03:36:17 AM »
I'm sure I used to be able to do this, but it's been so long the process evades me, and apparently so does the right terminology to get a good hit on a search!

We have the following setup:

Hunt Group 2000 with Extensions 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004 assigned.

Mailbox 2000 assigned to the HG.  This is because we don't want individual mailboxes - just a single voicemail that is across all the phones in the HG.

What is it that I'm missing / need to do, to get extensions 1001-1004 to ALL have MBX2000 as their 'default' mailbox.  I would like the MWI to indicate messages on MBX2000 and I would each of the extensions to automatically enter the MBX when dialing Voicemail.

It's been a lot of years, and I was proud enough of myself to have got as far as having a Huntgroup, STAR, CRAs etc... but this little piece of the puzzle evades me.

Any help, as always, greatly appreciated :)

NN

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MWI for Mailbox on multiple phones?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 07:49:58 AM »
niddnet,

That is not something the base system can do unfortunately.

If you have the MiVoice Office Application Suite (Phone Manager) then you can have it notify each of the users the way you want it to.

You can setup a button on the phones that when they press it without a message it will go to MB 2000 too, but that shouldn't be necessary in this situation.

Thanks,

TE

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 08:39:36 AM »
No - no extra licencing on this box I'm afraid... and no money to buy anything fancy either.

16 IP phones, 4 SIP Trunks - nothing else optional I don't think.

I'll just have the mailbox on the "main office" phone, and maybe look at just doing voicemail to email so it's delivered to the (shared) email account in the studios.

Unless there's any other better solution? 

Cheers for the insight as ever!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 01:31:10 PM »
There is no other solution than Phone Manager... and that I am not sure is something that can even be sold anymore since this product is manufacturer discontinued.

Honestly, the most common solution to this is voicemail to email, which is included with the system for free... Just get your email provider to make a distribution list email of the recipients you want to get the message, and send it to that email address.

Offline NC94

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 11:17:24 AM »
There is a potential solution for this without needing phone manager. Create a phantom extension along with a mailbox and user for this phantom. Setup a CRA to route the call to the mailbox for the phantom you have created. Set the hunt group to ring this CRA on recall (i.e. going to voicemail). Then on the user for the phantom, under the dynamic extension express section add the phones in the hunt group under the associated destinations (only limitations is that you can have only up to 4 destinations - use desk, desk 2, home ip & home ip 2) and make sure against each of the destinations the MWI/Pullback field is set to Yes. See example in image below.

https://ibb.co/xzdtczL

All these users will then get notified when a message is left in the mb for the phantom.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10