Author Topic: Browsing to 3300 times out with no login page  (Read 1241 times)

Offline brogerson

• View Profile
Browsing to 3300 times out with no login page
« on: January 30, 2023, 02:53:13 PM »
Every month the system needs to be rebooted other wise the login page won't load.   

Software is 6.0 sp1 on an AX Controller.   Why does the system not respond when browsing to the IP.   

Will be upgrading this year.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Browsing to 3300 times out with no login page
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 05:37:58 PM »
That's some pretty old software.
Plus, I've never been confident that the AX system was that robust.

It should probably be better after the software upgrade. In the meantime you can schedule an automatic reboot (perhaps once a week or so).  That should help as well.

I think the only solution you have now that it's already quit responding is to do a manual reboot.

Ralph

Offline brogerson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 08:02:59 AM »
Thanks Ralph,   I have scheduled a weekly reboot and will be upgrading when they get their maintenance up to date.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 11:44:20 AM »
I had this issue occur with a system on 9.0... we upgraded to the latest 9.1 release and the issue has not recurred.

Note that upgrading from 6.0 will be a multi-step upgrade... You will need to upgrade to 8.0, which will likely also require a RAM upgrade, then migrate data, then upgrade to 9.0 (which rebases the system to Linux), and then upgrade again to 9.1.4.19 (which I believe is current).

This will take SEVERAL hours... with a ton of downtime. I wouldn't recommend this for a regular user, get your vendor involved.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 11:47:29 AM by acejavelin »

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 12:55:27 PM »
I had this issue occur with a system on 9.0... we upgraded to the latest 9.1 release and the issue has not recurred.

Note that upgrading from 6.0 will be a multi-step upgrade... You will need to upgrade to 8.0, which will likely also require a RAM upgrade, then migrate data, then upgrade to 9.0 (which rebases the system to Linux), and then upgrade again to 9.1.4.19 (which I believe is current).

This will take SEVERAL hours... with a ton of downtime. I wouldn't recommend this for a regular user, get your vendor involved.

I would think that just a backup, re-load existing software, re-license, then restore the database at the current version should also take care of the problem, in case a migration/upgrade isn't feasible. Still something your partner/vendor should be involved with.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10