Author Topic: Help!! Im a noob Mitel Administrator for a small company  (Read 1166 times)

Offline bigtimer24

• View Profile
Help!! Im a noob Mitel Administrator for a small company
« on: January 27, 2023, 10:53:51 AM »
Good morning all,

I could really use some help.  I recently got handed the keys to our Mitel system to figure things out.  My only experience comes from adding and removing assigned extensions, phones, and call forwarding.  With that said, I have 2 questions that I need some coaching on where to look and what to do if possible.

1.  Where can I find the list of 4 digit ext numbers that have an external number assigned to it.  For example:  I 4-digit dial ext# 1234 but from an outside line I dial 1-770-222-1234.  IS there a command for me to find that info or some place I can export a list of all number on my 3300?

2. I have a location that has ext's and a ring group but can't dial out.  They get a busy signal or message.  I do have an spa 8800 hooked up there but shouldn't I be able to bypass that ATA box by configuring/ adding the isp phone numbers into the Mitel system somewhere?

Any help, resources, or guidance would be great.  Thank you in advance

Offline Bobbley

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Help!! Im a noob Mitel Administrator for a small company
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 05:52:55 AM »
Hi,

DDI numbers might be programmed under:

SYSYEM PROPERTIES - SYSTEM FEATURE SETTINGS - SYSTEM SPEED CALLS (ISDN 2/30)

OR

CALL ROUTING - CALL HANDLING - DIRECT INWARD DAILING SERVICE (SIP)

If the extn matches the DDI digits sent it'll just work, or is a bit more complicated to tweak, please advise if this is the case

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 09:38:06 AM »
For #1, it will depend on how your system was set up. Either the system is masking the leading digits from the carrier and doing a direct match on the last 4 digits, or there's entries in Direct Inward Dialing Service form to map each DID to an extension number. If there's no data in the DID Service form, you're doing the first one.

For #2, it will again depend on how your system was set up, but I'd be willing to bet that group of phones is restricted from dialing out (except for 911). Check the COR setting for those extensions versus one that can dial out, there's probably a difference, the restricted ones are probably using a COR of 1 and an allowed would maybe be using a COR of 3 or 4 (again, depending on how your specific system was set up).

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 02:09:37 PM »
The SPA 8800 looks like an analog gateway. I would typically only see it for things like faxes or in buildings where data cabling is unfeasible to use for IP Phones. No reason you couldn't use IP phones if you have the availability to.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10