Author Topic: Audio drop on teleworker phone  (Read 1212 times)

Offline SebJenkins

• View Profile
Audio drop on teleworker phone
« on: January 16, 2023, 04:39:58 PM »
Hi there,

We have a number of users working remotely with MITEL 5320e handsets setup in teleworker mode, connecting to our MBG (handsets MAC addresses added) physically connected to their home routers via a PoE injector

One of these users has been setup for months but suddenly today, she has reported that when she dials an external number, the audio is OK for around 3 seconds then suddenly she can't hear anything from the other end, but strangely they can still hear her ?
She's adamant that nothing has changed and also she is the only one of our teleworkers that is having an issue...all other users setup in teleworker mode continue to work without an issue.

So the call doesn't drop or disconnect as the other end can still hear her but she just cannot hear them..this is regardless of the handset or headset being used too
I'm abt to send her another 5320e phone but is there anything else that could be causing this ?

Her ISP is Virgin and her router is a HUB 3

Thanks in advance

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Audio drop on teleworker phone
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 09:25:10 PM »
No inbound audio after a few seconds but has outbound audio is absolutely a remote (phone side) firewall/router issue... Something changed, a firmware update or settings change, a different port is being used and triggering IDS/IPS, or something might have gotten pushed by the ISP or auto update in the router.

I would first restart the router and test... sometimes this is enough to clear it up. but otherwise a quick Google search doesn't give much hope for this router, it is seems pretty poorly rated and a lot of the features are disabled or locked out by Virgin Media and my gut says just from what you are saying and reading a few online reviews, the issue is likely with the router.

If you can do a remote session and look for any firewall or security setting and try turning them off, but from just the quick Googling I did, it looks like this is one of the least configurable routers out there. Otherwise, I would consider an upgrade of the router to a different model, and if at all possible move them to a dumb bridge modem and get a standalone wireless router, even a simple $50 TP-Link router would probably be a world better than this thing.

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 06:50:02 AM »
I agree most likely ISP change or far end router issue . Send them the TNA and get them to run it - will confirm ports and can be used as load test

Offline pacjt

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2023, 06:48:09 PM »
I'm have the same problem.

Were you able to fix this?  If so what was the problem?

Hi there,

We have a number of users working remotely with MITEL 5320e handsets setup in teleworker mode, connecting to our MBG (handsets MAC addresses added) physically connected to their home routers via a PoE injector

One of these users has been setup for months but suddenly today, she has reported that when she dials an external number, the audio is OK for around 3 seconds then suddenly she can't hear anything from the other end, but strangely they can still hear her ?
She's adamant that nothing has changed and also she is the only one of our teleworkers that is having an issue...all other users setup in teleworker mode continue to work without an issue.

So the call doesn't drop or disconnect as the other end can still hear her but she just cannot hear them..this is regardless of the handset or headset being used too
I'm abt to send her another 5320e phone but is there anything else that could be causing this ?

Her ISP is Virgin and her router is a HUB 3

Thanks in advance

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10