Author Topic: It's been a while...!  (Read 2130 times)

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
It's been a while...!
« on: January 03, 2023, 09:59:34 AM »
Hello All

It's been a _LONG_ time since I was here.  The last time I worked on / installed stuff it was still called "MITEL 5000".

Anyway - many years have passed, and I now work with a charity who has been gifted a bunch of MiVoice 250 kit.  (So... Mitel 5000, right?)

Usual story - business went under, they'd kept the stuff for a while, then moved overseas.  So long-story-short - *I* now have the kit, to make good for a basic system for the charity.

I have:

Reset the DB.
Configured the network
Logged in via Web Portal
Confirmed Versions: 6.2.5.80 MiVO-250
Confirmed Licence Count - 11x CAT-D 16x CAT-E (there is a DDM16 installed, so makes sense)

Obviously there's a bunch of config and setup I need to do - I need to get my mits on the latest Software Admin and Diags... I understand it's locked down these days... not unexpected that my old ID doesn't work any more.

Given it's a volunteer-only, donation-funded charity (which doesn't rely on a system) there's no budget to get it under a partner - especially with the plethora of spares I've got, and are available.

Is there any equivalent / open source version of SA&D that I can get that works on MiVO-250 6.2.5.80?

If anyone else wants to give any advice to a "rusty" tech, I'd be happy to hear from you - I might even have my MITEL 5000 certificates somewhere.... 9 years ago....!

Happy new year to everyone, and thanks for the help,

Ross

Checked / confirmed licenceI have 11x CAT-D and 16x CAT-E licences.  (I have a DDM16 module so the CAT-E count makes sense)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: It's been a while...!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 11:43:35 AM »
niddnet,

The last time I checked they were still keeping up the old Inter-Tel Engineering FTP site so you could try that to get your software.

Thanks,

TE

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 11:57:44 AM »
Hi TE - I don't ever recall having access to InterTel - it was only a Mitel portal I had, and it was associated with my old work email, so wouldn't be able to garner a password reset.

Also just looked through the old log files - there were some costly additional licences on this box before I rushed to reset it.  Kicking myself now, although I won't need the functionality, but still.  :D

I think I'm going to be stuck now till I can get into programming... I'll keep digging though.

Appreciate all the help

R

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 03:50:20 PM »
niddnet,

Well, if you had done a search on this site you would have found it along with the credentials, but here they are.

ftp://ftp.engineering.inter-tel.com
UN: tsftp <-- Stands for Tech Support FTP
PW: ittsftp <-- Stands for Inter-Tel Tech Support FTP

Go to Emergency Builds and then 5000 Corrections and you will find it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't have the latest verions or the AU or UK versions for the PS-1, but you don't have that so that should be fine.

Also, as long as you just did a Default DB from the system your licensing is still intact, but you can't upgrade it to 6.3 without having your license updated as I am sure you know.

Also, you should probably download the latest version of SA&D and then add the plugin for your systems version.

Thanks,

TE

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 08:23:26 AM »
Well, that turned out to be VERY useful indeed.

I would generally search before posting but as I recall my Mitel account being pretty secure, I assumed InterTel would be similar.  Whoda thunk they'd have "standard" credentials.

Once more, like bank in 2015, TE has made a tough task so much easier.

Boy that FTP is slow though! :D

So, turns out I have 8 licensed SIP Trunks too.  Useful, but will just be using our existing POTS
 ports (for now!) Still a nice surprise.

Thanks as ever for the support!

Ross

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 06:45:12 AM »
@Tech Electronics

Would you mind if I sent you a PM?

R

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 09:47:56 AM »
niddet,

No, I wouldn't mind it as people do it from time to time.

Keep in mind though that I live in the US and work for a living as they say so I may not get to your message right away.

Thanks,

TE

Offline niddnet

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 10:14:45 AM »
Thank you, I will generally ask first as I know, when you're seen as expert it often results in your getting bombarded.  I appreciate it

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10