Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Preceding Message  (Read 1241 times)

Offline mikiejny

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 Preceding Message
« on: December 20, 2022, 03:26:14 PM »
Does anyone have instructions in regards to putting a Preceding Message on our system when its in Night Mode?
For Example: When the office is closed for a snow day, I'd like to put up something temporary, before the Automated Attendant starts.

Thanks in advance
Michael

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Preceding Message
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 05:12:52 PM »
mikiejny,

Well, it would kind of depend on how you currently have it setup and much you are capable of doing remotely.

What version of software is your system on?

Does the system go into automatic 'night mode', which really isn't night mode, or does someone press a button for that to happen?

Do you know how to use the admin mailbox?

Do you know if you have access to configuration assistant via a DID?

Can you access DB programming remotely?

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Preceding Message
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 07:22:59 PM »
I handled this with what I called a pre-AA greeting, a greeting that is always present but normally blank. The CRA recording list was <pre-AA> <1 second pause> <normal AA> <3 second pause>.

For normal operations, there is a 1 second pause before the auto attendant greeting is played. Not noticeable by anyone.

For special occasions, record pre-AA greeting. You hear the pre-AA greeting, 1 second pause, then the  normal AA greeting. When the special occasion is over, record a blank greeting (hit # twice quickly).

The beauty is simplicity. Call into the admin mailbox from anywhere to record the greeting.

Alternatively, pre-record several greetings then call into the admin mailbox to swap them into the CRA. We did that for schools, with pre-recorded greetings for delayed opening of various durations.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10