Author Topic: In need of 3 remotely switchable AAs  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Trinity

• View Profile
In need of 3 remotely switchable AAs
« on: December 12, 2022, 11:39:19 AM »
Mitel 250/5000

Version 6.3 SP7

HR is wanting a number that employees can call into and get 1 of 3 AA for Inclement weather. A normal operations AA, a 2hr delay AA and closed for the day AA. The kicker is, they want to be able to call in admin mailbox and switch between the 3 remotely. I have this currently working for 2 AA. I'm using normal operations for day greeting and 2 hr delay for night greeting and they can swap them out. I need an extra option for the "closed all day" AA and it needs to be selectable remotely.

Thanks,

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: In need of 3 remotely switchable AAs
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 01:35:00 PM »
Trinity,

Why don't you just have them use the Admin MB to change the recording number for the current AA?

Thanks,
TE

Offline bobr1

• View Profile
    • Conway Communications, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 08:58:30 PM »
This is actually pretty easy to do with the 250.

1.  Create a Phantom Ext. And name it something like 'HR Fwd'.
2.  Create three Call Routing Announcements (HR Normal, HR Delay, HR Closed) and record your greetings.
3.  Point your 'HR line' DID to the Phantom extension.
4.  Use the Remote Programming feature (359) to forward the Phantom to one of the three CRAs - 359 (phantom ext) (phantom ext’s password) 355 'fwd all calls' (CRA Ext).
 5.  Set another DID as DISA and set a password.

Now the customer can call the DISA DID and use the digit sequence above to change the destination of the phantom ext.

If your customer has a public IP pointed at the system, you can create a DEE user for the Phantom ext. and they can change the forwarding using the web interface.

Also, you can use station speed dial to enter the digit sequence for each mode and program SD buttons to make it easy for the attendant to change it from the office.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 09:03:15 PM by bobr1 »

Offline Trinity

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 09:42:41 AM »
Thanks Guys.

It's seems to be almost the same amount of steps for HR to change the announcement, if I use Tech Electronics suggestion or Bobr1's suggestion. Am I wrong? Both work, I'm now looking for the easiest route for them.

Thanks,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 11:22:48 AM »
Thanks Guys.

It's seems to be almost the same amount of steps for HR to change the announcement, if I use Tech Electronics suggestion or Bobr1's suggestion. Am I wrong? Both work, I'm now looking for the easiest route for them.

Thanks,
It is literally six of one and half-dozen of the other... The question is which is less confusing to whoever needs to change it... Personally, the less possibility of mistake, or the less possibility of consequences of a mistake, would be to use the remote programming call forward feature.

One thing you learn in using system, is there are often many ways to accomplish a task... the real question becomes which will cause the least amount of negatives.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 05:18:54 PM »
I never, ever allow end users to access the admin mailbox. Did I say never?

The easiest way would be to create the phantom and multiple CRAs as previously mentioned, but forget about using DISA. The end users will screw it up every time. Use a Configuration Assistant that can be dialed from the auto attendant, then listen to the voice prompts on forwarding calls remotely.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10