Author Topic: Changing Outbound Call numbers  (Read 3105 times)

Offline daveym1972

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Changing Outbound Call numbers
« on: October 10, 2022, 01:03:57 PM »
We are trying to change the extension number in our PD to show a generic number when calling outside numbers. I have tried the following and it is still set but it shows the internal extension.
Log in to your Mitel system. If you don't know how to do this please see How do I connect to my MN3300 system?
Go to User & Devices, Telephone Directory Management and then the Associated Directory Numbers form.
Click Add and make your changes.
Note: 200 refers to the telephone directory number of your extension etc.
The associated number is the one which will be presented to the called party when you dial out i.e.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Outbound Call numbers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 01:13:55 PM »
In Associated Directory Numbers make sure you're using CPN Substitution as the Associated Type. Also your carrier has to allow this functionality. Normally it's not an issue if the number you're masking to is already on your circuit, but it just depends on your set up.

Offline daveym1972

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 02:40:11 PM »
Associated type is set to CPN Sub, i made this change a while back and it worked until recently now i don't know how to get it working again. Would it make sense to delete it and re-add it? Some of the numbers I added at the same time are still showing the associated numbers.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 09:51:51 AM »
It might be worth checking User and Services Configuration in the Service Details tab on the offending extensions and see if "Use DID Number for Outgoing Calls" is checked. You can also add CPN Substitution there.

Offline daveym1972

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 05:28:49 PM »
I would also need to put the number in the DID Service number field? It is populated in the CPN Substitution number.

Offline daveym1972

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 05:39:16 PM »
Actually I added the number to the DID service number but when saving i got this error DID Service: DID Number must be unique.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2022, 08:20:30 AM »
I would also need to put the number in the DID Service number field? It is populated in the CPN Substitution number.

You would want to uncheck the box if it is checked. I don't think it would be.

Offline rhoutz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2022, 10:03:37 AM »
I'm attempting to perform this same setup and I have the CPN Sub configured but it's not showing the number that is used in the associated number. I'm not using the DID option in user and services configuration. Anyone have any advice on how I can get this working?
I just found this page https://edocs.mitelcommunicationservice.com/appsuitelatest/CPN_Substitution.html and from the looks of that I can't use the CPN feature with a IP handset desk phone can someone confirm if they have seen the same?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 10:41:21 AM by rhoutz »

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2022, 01:13:03 PM »
I'm attempting to perform this same setup and I have the CPN Sub configured but it's not showing the number that is used in the associated number. I'm not using the DID option in user and services configuration. Anyone have any advice on how I can get this working?
I just found this page https://edocs.mitelcommunicationservice.com/appsuitelatest/CPN_Substitution.html and from the looks of that I can't use the CPN feature with a IP handset desk phone can someone confirm if they have seen the same?

Are you using MiVoice Business or another platform? Also keep in mind your carrier must allow this functionality.

Offline rhoutz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2022, 01:36:23 PM »
Yes we are using MiVoice Business. Active software load: 9.0.3.15
Since I posted that I was able to set the CPN Substitution for my extension and the caller ID did show my DID but if I try to make it something other than my DID it doesn't work.
Do you believe that is due to the carrier limitations?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2022, 08:55:48 AM »
It's quite possible, especially if you're trying to mask to a number not on your circuit like an 800 number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10