Author Topic: CPN on external forwards  (Read 1482 times)

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
CPN on external forwards
« on: October 05, 2022, 10:25:10 AM »
I've got a clustered system with 2 vMiVB's and 3 MXE-III trunk gateways with PRI's on them. Some users want calls forwarded to external numbers to show the original calling party CPN, while some want the DNIS/DID number dialed sent. This can be changed on the PRI circuit level by enabling/disabling the "Replace External CLID" option in the ISDN Protocol form, but I need to be able to change this on a set level, not per PRI since different departments of the enterprise want different things. Anyone know of a way to do this?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: CPN on external forwards
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 06:35:03 AM »
The only way I can think of doing this would be to change one of the PRIs and a new ARS route, then change how one group of users forwards their lines. The group that wants to see the external number would forward one way, then the other group would forward to the new ARS pattern.

Ralph

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 09:26:52 AM »
I was able to get my immediate need on this working by changing my auto attendant transfer from a blind transfer to a monitored transfer (using an AVST CX-E voice mail here), so now the forward destination sees the VM port CPN instead of the calling number of the inbound leg.

The specific use case is callers call in, go to an auto attendant to select from 2 options, each of which is just a 5320 forwarded to an on-call person's cell phone. They need the CPN to stay consistent, so they know it's on on-call call.

But I will have to try your suggestion, Ralph. I'm curious on what happens when "Replace External CLID" is disabled on the inbound side but enabled on the outbound. I wonder which one wins, the documentation is vague about this setting.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 09:46:35 AM »
I was able to get my immediate need on this working by changing my auto attendant transfer from a blind transfer to a monitored transfer (using an AVST CX-E voice mail here), so now the forward destination sees the VM port CPN instead of the calling number of the inbound leg.

The specific use case is callers call in, go to an auto attendant to select from 2 options, each of which is just a 5320 forwarded to an on-call person's cell phone. They need the CPN to stay consistent, so they know it's on on-call call.

But I will have to try your suggestion, Ralph. I'm curious on what happens when "Replace External CLID" is disabled on the inbound side but enabled on the outbound. I wonder which one wins, the documentation is vague about this setting.

So when "Replace External CLID" is disabled on the inbound leg but enabled on the outbound leg, the external forward destination sees either the default CPN, or whatever matches in the CPN Substitution table for the forwarded DN and is applied to the outbound PRI. The downside of this is you basically have to reserve 1 PRI for this if you have a situation like mine where different users/groups want different things for these scenarios.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10