Author Topic: User Twinning and voicemail going to cell phone  (Read 1449 times)

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
User Twinning and voicemail going to cell phone
« on: September 30, 2022, 10:59:21 AM »
A user has twinning setup, and when activated when calls go to voicemail, the voicemails attach to their personal cell phones instead of the company phone system.

I also have twinning setup the same way however the voicemails go to my company phone like they should.

I've checked that the User and Services Configuration, Voicemail config, and personal ring group configs are all the same for both of us (EHD enabled, class of service is the same, service profile is same, etc.)  so I'm at a loss for what else to check that might be causing the user to not get voicemails on his work phone when twinned.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: User Twinning and voicemail going to cell phone
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 03:53:03 PM »
The cell phone voicemail is picking up before the call is pulled back from the mobile extension. Set the Call Forward No Answer timer on the mobile extension COS to a lower value (25 seconds or less). You may need to enable answer confirmation on the mobile COS as well, which requires the user to press a key to accept the call.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 08:04:07 AM »
It's also possible that the carrier is providing answer supervision so the PBX thinks the call has been answered. When that happens it won't pull the call back and send it to your voice mail.
The way to check for that is to call the cell phone directly. If you see the call timer start on your phone right away then the PBX thinks the call has been answered.

Ralph

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 03:47:38 PM »
Awesome thanks guys!

It appears that changing the main extension's COS "call forward no answer" from 30 to 20 allowed it to hit the company vm.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10