Author Topic: How to find an old voicemail box.  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Ryders

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How to find an old voicemail box.
« on: September 16, 2022, 09:32:48 AM »
We had an incident a few days ago where our customer service line ACD path went into DND. Not sure how that happened, but we suspect a user is placed a remote DND on the line by accident somehow. Anyways all our calls were going straight to voicemail, but when I called I hit the VM hunt group and then got sent to an old users voicemail and we couldn't leave a message with it. The old user's greeting played and then a RAD greeting played and ended the call. We searched the current VM boxes, but nothing turned up. Any ideas on how to trace this call flow to it's end point?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to find an old voicemail box.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 02:22:20 PM »
In the ACD Paths form what is the destination of Path Unavailable Answer Point Directory Number? That's where I would start.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 11:20:55 AM »
Seems odd that you would get a voicemail greeting then a RAD port. Would have thought that if VM had answered then the call couldn't go anywhere else.

Offline Ryders

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 02:33:16 PM »
It is strange. Their voicemail greeting played and then didn't ask you leave a message. Supposedly the mailbox is full, but we can't find it. The voicemail is from someone who should have been deleted years ago.

The ACD unavailable path is set to a nametag hunt group, which references our main VM Hunt group with 10 VM ports associated with it. Does anyone know what would happen if all the VM ports were in use? Say 10 people using the ports and an 11th person calls in, where does it go then?

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 09:11:02 AM »
I think you would just get busy tone.
You can export the mailboxes form to CSV, easier to spot a full mailbox than checking each one individually. My guess would be that mailbox 0 is full [yes, I've seen that many times!].

Offline Ryders

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 02:46:24 PM »
The operator mailbox is assigned the same extension as our ACD path, so that could be it. I'm working on figuring out how to call it and listen to the voicemail prompt to confirm. Thanks for the help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10