Author Topic: Mitel 6930 IP Phone  (Read 3619 times)

Offline daveym1972

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 6930 IP Phone
« on: September 12, 2022, 12:43:14 PM »
All -
I am trying to move an existing phone model 5960 to a new phone 6930 and when I change the MAC address and phone model then click save I get an error stating "the line types are not supported". We did just go through an update so maybe this is not how you change phones over any longer?  Line types they are referring to are Application, Headset, Microphone, Phone application, phonebook, Speaker, URL Line. I apologize if I am in the wrong listing. Any help on this is appreciated.

Offline daveym1972

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 6930 IP Phone
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 01:00:50 PM »
Edit its a 5360 not 5960 to 6930

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 03:21:09 PM »
Change the device type, plug in the new phone, and use the replacement PIN to PIN the new phone. No need to delete the MAC.

Offline daveym1972

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 05:44:51 PM »
By replacement PIN you mean extension?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 05:50:01 PM »
If you change the device type, I think it would delete the MAC and the set registration code would be needed. It is in the system options form

Offline daveym1972

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 10:27:15 AM »
I was able to just change the model and save that. When I plugged in the new phone, it just booted up without asking for a PIN. I see line 1 and 2 but cant make any calls with it. Any suggestions? Tried to find how to register this model phones but cant find any steps.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2022, 02:45:49 PM »
I was able to just change the model and save that. When I plugged in the new phone, it just booted up without asking for a PIN. I see line 1 and 2 but cant make any calls with it. Any suggestions? Tried to find how to register this model phones but cant find any steps.

Something's not right. What extension does the phone come up as? Should be on the upper right of the screen. Are you sure it's communicating with the MiVB, and not booting in SIP mode instead?

Also, in your original post you said you were getting an error when trying to change the set type. There are some keys that are commonly programmed on 5300 series phones that are not compatible on 6900 series (like Headset), so you'd have to clear those keys before changing the set type.

Offline daveym1972

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 02:56:36 PM »
I see what looks like an extension on the top left but its not the extension i am trying to assign to this phone. Shows L1: ext. I cant make calls, i get a dial tone but when i try calling out it hangs up before it rings out. If i call into this extension it goes right to voicemail. How can i tell if is communicating with the MiVB or in SIP mode?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2022, 08:34:09 PM »
What kind of license is this set using? If multi is this set up in the multi group form?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 09:26:19 AM »
I see what looks like an extension on the top left but its not the extension i am trying to assign to this phone. Shows L1: ext. I cant make calls, i get a dial tone but when i try calling out it hangs up before it rings out. If i call into this extension it goes right to voicemail. How can i tell if is communicating with the MiVB or in SIP mode?

I bet it's booting in SIP mode. When you restart the phone, does it start up with a blue screen with the Mitel logo (SIP mode), or just a blank blue screen (MiNET mode). You may need to re-flash it with MiNET firmware.

Offline daveym1972

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2022, 11:52:26 AM »
It has the Mitel screen with the Mitel logo. I am trying to update the firmware now. Can you do this from a phone menu or do you have to do it manually?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2022, 02:24:26 PM »
It has the Mitel screen with the Mitel logo. I am trying to update the firmware now. Can you do this from a phone menu or do you have to do it manually?

First you need to get the MiNET firmware file, which you can download via SFTP from /sysro/tftp of your MiVB. The 6900 set firmware is the "MINET_6930-enc.st" file (or whatever model you need, each one has their own file).

Then you need to get into the web management interface of the phone, navigate to the IP of the phone, log in using admin/22222 (default SIP credentials, yours may be different). Then go to the firmware upload in the menu and upload that .st file, and reboot the phone.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10