Author Topic: Paging to Speakers and Phones  (Read 1210 times)

Offline westbrockj

• View Profile
Paging to Speakers and Phones
« on: September 07, 2022, 10:40:02 PM »
Based on some reading, I don't have high hopes, BUT. We have a set up with a single line extension dialing to our paging system. We have a handful of offices that do not feel like they can hear hallway announcements well enough and want it to also feed through their phones.

I setup and am going to try having a page zone that goes to both the paging system and the phones, but I am guessing that will fail to actually come through the speakers since the paging system is what designates the zone, not the phone system.

I also am considering the feasibility of running one of the zones on the paging system back to a single-line port on the phone system, but I'm not seeing a way to force that to do anything but call the phones as opposed to paging them.

Would love any insight. I know this is likely aggressively overcomplicating it, but I want to say I did my due diligence before they end up running speakers into those offices.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Paging to Speakers and Phones
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 03:43:36 PM »
westbrockj,

If you are just opening up a connection to a Zone Controller and then dialing a Zone to page to, then what you are wanting to do is not possible with the equipment you have.

If you wanted to buy additional equipment then the possibility of having the MiVO-250 handle the zoning with different paging interfaces setup for the different zones to be dialed at the Zone Controller then it could be possible to do it depending on the Zone Controller.

Otherwise, connecting the Zone Controller back up to the MiVO-250 to send audio to it is not a possibility, and your best bet is to just run cable for new speakers.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10