Author Topic: DLM in licence violation because of lost connectivity to decommissioned peer  (Read 1826 times)

Offline goneill

• View Profile
We have 4 Mitel 3300 controllers, one of which (not the DLM) is at a site that has been decommissioned.  That site and the controller will never be coming back online.  We are now getting alerts saying that the DLM is in licence violation because it has lost connectivity to peers.  It has of course lost connectivity to the peer at the now decommissioned site but it has connectivity to all other peers.  Is anyone able to advise how we resolve this given we have no means of bringing the missing peer back online.  We are being told that in 28 hours the alert will be escalated.  I'm not sure if that means that in 28 hours our phone system will stop working.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 02:40:16 AM by goneill »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
I'm assuming the network element has been removed from all the systems.
Have you done a compete resync since?

Ralph

Offline goneill

• View Profile
The device has not been removed in any proper way.  It has literally just been unplugged and put into storage.  It is in a remote location and there is no easy way to get it out of storage anytime soon.  I realise now we should have cleanly removed it before packing away but too late now.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 06:43:16 AM by goneill »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Just clear the hardware id for the decommisioned system and that will clear the license violation

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We have 4 Mitel 3300 controllers, one of which (not the DLM) is at a site that has been decommissioned.  That site and the controller will never be coming back online.  We are now getting alerts saying that the DLM is in licence violation because it has lost connectivity to peers.  It has of course lost connectivity to the peer at the now decommissioned site but it has connectivity to all other peers.  Is anyone able to advise how we resolve this given we have no means of bringing the missing peer back online.  We are being told that in 28 hours the alert will be escalated.  I'm not sure if that means that in 28 hours our phone system will stop working.

I think it escalates several times before causing you any issues. I recall having this happen once and Mitel had to remove that system from the AMC and then we had to sync from the DLM to clear it.

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
releasing the hardware id ion the amc will stop the issue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10