Author Topic: Cordless handset battery replacement  (Read 1691 times)

Offline herpderp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Cordless handset battery replacement
« on: August 30, 2022, 03:11:31 PM »
We have a cordless handset (173A-DECT1) that needs the battery replaced. I haven't been able to find a battery/guide on how to do it. Does anyone know what battery it needs/how to do it?

I found this service that will replace the battery but I'd rather do it myself: https://p1repair.com/mitel-56008564A.html

If I do send it in to be replaced, can I just plug in a corded handset into the 5340e and use it like normal? The phone has two charging contacts at the bottom of where the handset sits.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cordless handset battery replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 03:38:51 PM »
herpderp,

It would probably be best to send it off to get replaced for that cost, and most likely they will send you an already refurbished one back.

If they do send you a refurbished one back it may have to sync it to the new handset before it works.

This way you don't run the risk of damaging the handset when taking it apart or putting it back together.

You can use a corded handset in the meantime, but it may not sit well due to the charging contact.

My suggestion for that is to just to turn the handset catch to the up position so it will hold the handset on the phone.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
Re: Cordless handset battery replacement
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 01:40:31 PM »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10