Author Topic: Caller ID on internal calls forwarded to cell phone  (Read 1086 times)

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Caller ID on internal calls forwarded to cell phone
« on: August 16, 2022, 12:00:23 PM »
We have SIP trunks on MiVoice Business 7.2 SP1 - 13.2.1.25

I just recently fixed our caller ID issue so that external calls now keep the originating caller ID when forwarding out to a user's twinned cell phone. To do this, I had to set both "Use P Asserted Identity" and "Use P Asserted Identity for Billing" to NO under the SIP Peer Profile > Signaling and Header Manipulation.

However, I want to go one step further and figure out if there is a solution for providing the name (or ext# if its the only option) of the caller who calls another extension and that call gets forwarded out to the user's cell phone.

For example: If  Bob @ 4400 calls Mary @ 5500, and Mary has 5500 twinned to her cell, I want Mary's cell to show "Bob" and either the default CPN or the DID of Bob. Currently it just shows the default CPN and Company name no matter who calls who internally.

I have seen a few similar questions.. (http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=9211.0 for example ) but have not found any answers that have worked for our set up. 

Thank you for your time.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Caller ID on internal calls forwarded to cell phone
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 06:28:49 AM »
I think this is a change that your carrier needs to make for you.
If you look at a packet capture you'll probably see the name is there so that means you're sending it.

Ralph

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 09:04:11 AM »
I think this is a change that your carrier needs to make for you.
If you look at a packet capture you'll probably see the name is there so that means you're sending it.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph!
It looks like the capture does show the phone user's name and it also shows the default CPN (not the phone user's phone#). So I assume it uses the name of the default CPN.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 09:41:31 AM »
Name data is not always passed on to the forwarding destination, particularly cell phone carriers.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10