Author Topic: Phone System Will Not "Select" an Option When Calling Automated Phone System  (Read 1437 times)

Offline apope

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Very weird issue that I haven't seen anywhere else. When calling another automated phone system from our Mitel 5000, say....Verizon for example. We get the option to "Press 1 for technical support, 2 for Customer Service" if we press 1, that button is not registered. It does nothing. Just sits there and waits for us to "Press a button" when we already did. If we call on our cell phones to that same automated phone system it works correctly so I know that is it just not registering the number selections on our 5000.

I thought this was just a one off issue, but this is our second report in a a few months of a similar issue to different automated phone systems. Thoughts?

-Office 250: 6.2.3.53

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
What kind of trunks?

Offline apope

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Forgive me for my ignorance (learning this system as I go) but based off what I see in System>Devices and Feature Codes>Trunks is SIP and B-Channel. Is that what you are looking for?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Forgive me for my ignorance (learning this system as I go) but based off what I see in System>Devices and Feature Codes>Trunks is SIP and B-Channel. Is that what you are looking for?
What is your connectivity to the outside world? Analog copper lines, PRI, or SIP trunks... If SIP you need to make sure your DTMF payload type is correct, often it's 101 but sometimes 96 or something else carrier specific. If analog, you can increase your DTMF tone direction. If PRI you can change how your DTMF is signalled on the trunk.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10