Author Topic: Calling a ported number from internal extension  (Read 1140 times)

Offline tovythomas

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Calling a ported number from internal extension
« on: July 12, 2022, 08:53:44 AM »
Good morning, I recently had a few numbers ported out of our Mitel phone system to Microsoft Teams as part of a company migration.

Now that the numbers have ported , the direct dial part of it is working and calling into teams as expected. However on our Mitel 5000 system, the dial by name (or internal extension calling) won

Offline tovythomas

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Calling a ported number from internal extension
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 12:06:03 PM »
It looks like my post cut off so I'll repost here.

I've ported several numbers out of our Mitel 5000 to Microsoft Teams. However, since we still have team members on the Mitel system, I'm trying to forward the internal extensions (and the Dial by Name/extension in the AA) to the DID number so it rings to Teams instead of the Mitel system.

However, the phone system seems to still be holding on to the DID as the call won't go out to that number (will with a different external number). 

I've tried deleting the number from the Call Routing Table but it still doesn't work. It just rings and the Auto Attendant picks up.

Can anyone advise as to what else I'd need to do.

Thank you.

Offline tovythomas

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Calling a ported number from internal extension
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 09:31:55 AM »
I went through and also deleted the call routing night table for the DID's in question. I had also come across this article  http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=9769.0 which talked about potential carrier delays.

I went through and tested this morning and the forwards are working now. 

So I guess I'll just call this one resolved.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10