Author Topic: Difference between Ip/Digital Telephone and Phone/Voice Processor  (Read 1187 times)

Offline themitelgal

• Contributer
    • View Profile
What is the difference in the programming of the Extension List for Ip/Digital Telephone and the Phone/Voice Processor Application?  I am trying to use them for a hunt group.  I noticed that the hunt group for the main line is setup for the Phone/Voice Process application.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Difference between Ip/Digital Telephone and Phone/Voice Processor
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 04:14:23 PM »
There really is no difference, other than the types of devices that are allowed to be a member of the list. The Hunt Group extension lists are different, as they allow off-node devices to be included as members.

I like a clean database, and kept things consistent so I would know where to find them. I never used the Phone/Voice Processor list unless there was actually a voice mail device as member of the group. All hunt groups were in the Hunt Group extension list area. Everything else, such as page zones, were in the IP/Digital Phone area.

What the installer did is not actually wrong, just sloppy in my view.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Difference between Ip/Digital Telephone and Phone/Voice Processor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 01:13:52 PM »
DND ON,

I don't think that is the installers fault as, in my opinion, Mitel doesn't train the new technicians to understand what each Extension List was meant for like Inter-Tel did.

I think that they wanted them to read the On-Line Help document which most of them don't take the time to do.

I also found that any new technicians had to be "retrained" in-house for all of the things that they didn't learn or understand after being certified.

Regardless, to you and I it just seems like it is sloppy programming even though it does work.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10