Author Topic: Best way to test resiliency?  (Read 1039 times)

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Best way to test resiliency?
« on: July 05, 2022, 11:31:26 AM »
Newbie question..  How would you go about safely testing resiliency after hours? Do you guys just do a simple reboot on the main 3300 and see how things fail over? Or maybe I need to run something that brings it down for a longer period of time to properly test... what other options are there if you have to do it fully remotely? I don't want to shut it off and not be able to bring it back up remotely!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Best way to test resiliency?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 11:41:28 AM »
Just unplug the network cable from the 3300 controller... If you are remote, log into the switch and take down the port to the 3300 controller. Log into the secondary controller, you can see the phones status in the phone list in maintenance.

Offline deydist

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to test resiliency?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 11:55:27 AM »
Just unplug the network cable from the 3300 controller... If you are remote, log into the switch and take down the port to the 3300 controller. Log into the secondary controller, you can see the phones status in the phone list in maintenance.

Problem is.. I don't have access to the switch either. Though I guess I may just need to get the network engineer involved in this testing  :P

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10