Author Topic: End Of An Era  (Read 2114 times)

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
End Of An Era
« on: July 05, 2022, 07:49:31 AM »
Last week we pulled the plug on the last of our 250 controllers, once part of a 68-node network. It took three years and 2.6 million dollars, but all of our sites are fully integrated on the 3300 platform. We have all of the bells and whistles and neat call center tools, but when something breaks the finger pointing between network, telcom and service providers kicks into high gear.

I really miss the simpler days of my CS and HX controllers!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: End Of An Era
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 01:04:20 PM »
DND ON,

I am sorry to hear that, but it is the way things are going here too.

Unfortunately, we are not replacing them with MCDs either as we are putting them on our Cloud Solution; no need for on-prem technicians anymore.

The future is looking bleak for On-Prem as a whole and I hope that I retire before I become obsolete.

Of course hearing the Cloud Admins say Telephony as Tell-a-phoney with a straight face always makes me laugh as I think about what the old techs used to say, "yep, if I am telling you anything I am telling it to a phoney".

Take Care,

TE

Offline topherhaas

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 02:31:54 PM »
We are sticking with them for now given our particular usage. Digital works great in our environment (retail stores) and I haven't found an alternative that I like. We use so little of the feature set that it doesn't make sense to rip them out (yet).

Our corporate environment is on Teams for VOIP but I don't like that in a retail store environment. Also Digital phones are great for field replacement by end users. I know DHCP works and all but it's hard to beat for us.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 06:02:12 PM »
It is largely the same here... We are down to less than 20 customers with MiVO 250, and honestly about half that on MiVB... And it is unlikely that there will be any new installs of either platform going forward. Probably 80% of our previous premise based customers have moved to our hosted solution, a few to competitors hosted or premise systems, and the rest are just stuck until they outgrow them or they die.

Our biggest issues right now are hospitality systems, because the MiVB Hospitality platform frankly is garbage (especially compared to the SX200) and the <15 phone SMB market that just wants to put a line on hold, do an all page or one touch handsfree intercom, and pick it up all on digital phones... We are still looking for premise based solution to most of these, but 360Networks CommXchange seems to fit the hospitality industry, and sadly we the only thing "digital" we can still manage to get is Avaya IP Office but who knows for how long.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10