Author Topic: Random phones reboot when data port is used  (Read 1281 times)

Offline themitelgal

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Random phones reboot when data port is used
« on: June 29, 2022, 12:44:09 PM »
I have a weird issue that has been happening the last month.  I have random Mitel 5330 phones that will reboot when a user plugs into the data port.  This would cause the user to loose their data connection and of course their phones.  It sometimes continues to be in a reboot state but most of the time it will reboot about every 30 minutes.  I have tried different phones, cables, switch ports, extensions but the same thing happens.   The only thing that has worked is I will downgrade their network driver but it will come back in a few days.  I checked the driver to see if it was updated but it was not.  The only common issues they are all Windows 11 laptops.  The docking stations and laptops are different - Dell or Microsoft Surface.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Random phones reboot when data port is used
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 02:21:27 PM »
themitelgal,

I assume these are not the 5330e, and if that is the case then it isn't a Gigabit port on the back of it.

I believe that 5330 are 10/100 ports and if the NIC doesn't want to go that slow then it could be causing an issue.

The other thing you can look at is the firmware version on the phones and see if there is an update for the version of MiVO-250 you are running.

Thanks,

Te

Offline themitelgal

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 03:26:16 PM »
The firmware on the phones are the same has the version of MiVO.  We are on version 6.5 SP3.  They are 5330e phones.  So do I need tweak the network card settings?  The phones have been working for years and all of sudden I am getting the reboots.  I did try changing the power settings on the network card. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 12:56:06 PM »
themitelgal,

The next thing I would do is delete the firmware from the phone and have it download it again to see if that fixes the problem.

Of course did say they have been working for years, but were the users plugged into the back of them then?

Look at the logs and see what the phone does before it reboots as there should be an entry for the event.

Since they are the e versions they should have the Gigbit interface so slowing down the NIC isn't the answer.

You may also want to call Mitel and see if there was a recall on those phones for some reason if the firmware fix doesn't work.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10