Author Topic: Whitelist in Mitel 3300  (Read 1131 times)

Offline gimitel

• View Profile
Whitelist in Mitel 3300
« on: June 22, 2022, 08:22:09 AM »
Hi Guys,

I have an customer that i programmed quite a few extensions as NON DID. Now this customer asked me if there is like a sort of whitelist on mitel 3300 which only the external numbers in the whitelist can call the NON DID numbers. Is this possible on mitel 3300 ?

Regards,

Gimitel

Offline wobbly_head_bob

• View Profile
Re: Whitelist in Mitel 3300
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 10:44:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm misunderstanding something, so bear with me.  An external caller would need to have dialed something to ring your PBX...a DID. 

You should then be able to direct that DID to ring a particular phone or group of phones without issue.

A NON-DID, by definition, does not receive calls from outside the PBX.

If you have a SIP circuit and a Mitel Border Gateway, I do believe you could set a rule whereby a specific incoming calling party number would route to a particular controller....though the only thing I have ever set up is a sort of "Black list" where I send those specific incoming numbers to a controller that doesn't exist, but I imagine the reverse is certainly possible.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Whitelist in Mitel 3300
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 11:19:27 AM »
You can also put ringing appearances of DID's on non-DID numbers. I believe there's also a Class of Service option to prevent an extension from receiving a DID Call. As for setting it up where only calls from a specific number can get through to a specific extension I think that's a significant challenge. What is the purpose behind the request?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10