Author Topic: MiVoice end of life options  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Tripoth

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiVoice end of life options
« on: June 06, 2022, 09:22:13 AM »
So with the Mivoice 250 at end of life, what options are there for say...a client that has 13 stores linked and growing with MiVoice 250s installed?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVoice end of life options
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 09:27:55 AM »
Tripoth,

Well, Mitel is coming out with a new system to take that over.

It is basically a 3300 that doesn't support as many devices as the larger 3300 can.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Tripoth

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 09:52:15 AM »
Oh, that will be their small to medium size business option then.
They probably sent notification of this through the partner platform? Probably ended up in my boss's email trash bin. :(

So we would have to migrate them over to the new 3300 platform then?
I am going to assume no way to link the two systems?

Do you know when that will be coming out? I had better get my butt over to the Mitel learning center and take some classes sooner rather than later.

By the way, thank you very much for you response.
Sometimes getting answers out of Mitel is quite rough and to get anything from Jennne......grrr...bitter, bitter....

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 10:18:40 AM »
Tripoth,

Well, Mitel is coming out with a new system to take that over.

It is basically a 3300 that doesn't support as many devices as the larger 3300 can.

Thanks,

TE
Yeah, we have been hearing about this since the demise of MiVoice Business Express years ago... Which was essentially a 3300 and MiCollab in a single VM and worked well for up to about 50-60 phones...

But this new one largely seems like vaporware, hear about it from people all the time, but never anything specific... no dates, specifications, etc. As sad as it is, other than very specific applications we have largely moved on from Mitel.

We have moved to the ESI eSIP Evolution platform as a 5000 replacement for sites or multi-node networks needed on premise equipment... https://www.esi-estech.com/solutions/esip-evolution-series?hsLang=en

Although 90% of our business now is our own hosted platform now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 10:20:17 AM by acejavelin »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 07:26:00 AM »
Acejavelin,

We had already left the ESI platform a long time ago, but it was a great platform for SMB sites.

We are also moving on to a non-mitel cloud platform and becoming a SIP carrier, but we are still using Mitel Equipment for On-Premise solutions for customers that want one.

As for the new SMB product I remember watching one of Mitel's webinars showing the 2022 Mitel Path and it was supposed to come out in Q3 or Q4 of this year; I will look around for it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 02:57:29 PM »
Acejavelin,

We had already left the ESI platform a long time ago, but it was a great platform for SMB sites.

We are also moving on to a non-mitel cloud platform and becoming a SIP carrier, but we are still using Mitel Equipment for On-Premise solutions for customers that want one.

As for the new SMB product I remember watching one of Mitel's webinars showing the 2022 Mitel Path and it was supposed to come out in Q3 or Q4 of this year; I will look around for it.

Thanks,

TE
ESI eSIP Evolution is a very different platform then the old comm servers... We have a boatload of those out there. The eSIP is a purely SIP platform with a lifetime warranty on the system and devices. It is pretty impressive actually, but it has no relation to older ESI systems.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10