Author Topic: Updating firmware on phones  (Read 1493 times)

Offline ccmisdar

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Updating firmware on phones
« on: May 18, 2022, 03:32:08 PM »
Looking for guidance on updating phone firmware.  I have the sytem updated with new firmware for the 6900's do to a known vulnerability.  Rebooting the phones is one way I know to update this firmware.  What is the preferred method to update the firmware on these phones?  Maintenance commands?  Bouncing POE from my switches?

Thanks Dan

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Updating firmware on phones
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 05:05:28 PM »
Looking for guidance on updating phone firmware.  I have the sytem updated with new firmware for the 6900's do to a known vulnerability.  Rebooting the phones is one way I know to update this firmware.  What is the preferred method to update the firmware on these phones?  Maintenance commands?  Bouncing POE from my switches?

Thanks Dan

Whichever is easier for you. For some people that would be doing a "load ipdevice 1 to 300" in Maintenance Commands, or for others it would be easier to do it from the data switch. Really depends on your environment and your tolerance for which phones are out of service for the firmware update. Also keep in mind that hot desk extensions may be logged out after the firmware update.

Offline ACDeezNutz

• View Profile
Re: Updating firmware on phones
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 01:36:50 AM »
Rebooting the controller works too

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10