Author Topic: Add audio prompts to all calls.  (Read 1431 times)

Offline 911delorean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Add audio prompts to all calls.
« on: May 16, 2022, 05:35:16 PM »
As of now, when someone dials our main number it rings just our main receptionist extension. Then they have to forward the calls to the correct extension.
I'd like to be able to add audio prompts and a menu when anybody calls in.
I've made a diagram, outlining how I would like the prompts to work. I also would need these to be bilingual, or tie multiple audio prompts to the same menu and have the same recordings in Spanish.

Main number > Thank you for calling our company if you know the extension dial it now> if they don't dial anything Transfer to Main Menu,
Main menu "Press" 1> To reach our branch offices> press 1 for branch 1, press 2 for branch 2, etc then do a hunt group for each of those branches
Main Menu "Press" 2>  hunt group for a specific branch
Main Menu "Press" 3> Sub menu> Press 1-6 for Directions/ Address for each of our sub branches
Main Menu "Press" 4 > Opening hours and days
Main menu "Press" 0> Dials a specific hunt group for speaking to anyone
Main menu "Press" # for a directory
Main Menu "Press" * for general delivery mailbox

I'd like to have this menu accessible for specific times, then once we are closed a different prompt would run and would automatically force all calls to the general delivery mailbox.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 05:36:49 PM by 911delorean »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Add audio prompts to all calls.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 07:55:05 PM »
This is not end-user level programming.

Offline 911delorean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 11:15:41 AM »
Meaning what? I have to find someone who is contracted through Mitel to have this done? We had our local admin do this stuff before he recently left. I did some more digging and it looks like there is a menu system still setup but it doesn't appear to be functional, and the recordings are extremely old and need to be updated.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 03:45:10 PM »
What you want to build is called a Call Routing Annoucement (or CRA)...

You would record the announcements in your Administrator Mailbox, the one that says "The hard disk is XX percent full" when you log into it, there is a hidden menu option 9 that takes  you there, and you can record custom recordings, make sure you look in the voicemail first. Say 010 for day and 011 for night, but check the programming form first to see which ones are used.

Then you add a CRA in voicemail applications, open that and go to digit translations and edit the entries as needed, then change the greetings with the numbers of the greetings you recorded.

Then you can call the extension number that was created to test it, once you are satisfied with it, change the ring-in point for day (and optionally night) to that extension number for that trunk group or DID translation.

There are multiple tutorials online to do this, and I believe several youtube videos. Denwa on youtube has great Mitel 5000 (Mivoice Office 250) videos.

Offline 911delorean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 04:32:25 PM »
Wow, thanks for the direction. I'll check out those Youtube Tutorials.  :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10