Author Topic: Intercom Directory location  (Read 2494 times)

Offline 911delorean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Intercom Directory location
« on: May 10, 2022, 04:53:13 PM »
Recently noticed my Intercom Directory has a ton of old listings that are no longer in use. I have scoured every logical place I can think to check to find where these listings are stored. I haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone know where this is located at? I would have to say that there are 20+ old listings that need to be either deleted or modified.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Intercom Directory location
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 06:53:40 PM »
911delorean,

There isn't an Intercom Directory section in the MiVO-250 as it get the information directly from the Description section of all of the dialed devices [Phone, Phantom, Hot Desk, Hunt Group] in the system.

There was supposed to be an Exclude from IC Directory folder since 6.0, but I have never seen or used it and I don't think it really exists.

Thanks,

TE

Offline 911delorean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 05:11:25 PM »
Ok, well I found out our system is super out of date as far as the software. It looks like our software is 4.0.3.91 So I guess I'll have to update it to find this menu you are talking about.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 07:41:42 PM »
Ok, well I found out our system is super out of date as far as the software. It looks like our software is 4.0.3.91 So I guess I'll have to update it to find this menu you are talking about.
It is in that software version, and every version I am aware of back to 1.1...

In the system, under Devices & Feature Codes - Phones there is a field for each device called "Description" and that is used to populate the intercom directory shown on the phones... Every device in the system from the modem to auto attendants to phones, has a Description field... This is used to populate the intercom directory.

Also be aware you can't just "upgrade"... You will need a new software license to change from the 4.0 software stream... The latest software is 6.3, and for that you will likely need a new compact flash card as well, which must be purchased through your Mitel dealer as that is where the serial number for the software is.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 07:53:03 PM »
Voice mail devices are also in the directory.

Offline 911delorean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 11:10:44 AM »
I've checked the description location before. All the devices listed here are currently deployed. I have about 20 past employees that are not in that description field but still show on our IC directory. Feature code 307, when I scroll through. I find the listings of the employees, but I can't find anything in the DB that lists their information.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 12:04:54 PM »
911delorean,

I would look in the Voice Processor as they may still have either a Mailbox or Extension ID associated with them.

You could also look under Users too.

Thanks,

TE

Offline 911delorean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 03:06:39 PM »
I checked all of those places as well. Same story, everything listed is up to date and there are no old records in any of those locations.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 03:38:58 PM »
I checked all of those places as well. Same story, everything listed is up to date and there are no old records in any of those locations.
Are you talking about visual directory, like on the phone's screen... or an audible dial by name directory? What are you doing to access this list?

Offline 911delorean

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 04:38:48 PM »
I believe it's the visual one. Special Key 307 on the old Intertel 8622s. I have a few listings for people that haven't worked here in a very long time, a few people have underscores before their name, some are duplicated a few times with minor changes to the names. Some have commas seperating their names, some don't. Some have capitalization corrections, etc.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10