Author Topic: Voice mail to email works intermittently  (Read 2571 times)

Offline dfosbenner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voice mail to email works intermittently
« on: April 22, 2022, 12:03:23 PM »
We have a Mitel 5000 installed in 2014 and it's been pretty flawless until last month.  Suddenly we were not getting voicemail sent to email except maybe 5% of the time.  (Forward & Copy - they go to the phone as well).  We'd get a message come through once in a while, like 1 in 10 or 20.  We were using an Office365 email account which is also used with other devices that send email alerts at our site, and those systems continue to send mail without issue.

For testing, I setup a gmail account just for the Mitel, and the result is the same, it works only 5-10% of the time.  I've been over the Email Gateway settings 100 times.  (If it was an incorrect setting, it wouldn't work at all).  There's no pattern, time, or any consistent thing I can pin down as to why this is suddenly an issue.

1) Where can I find the logs in the Mitel that would show email sending activity?
2) Does anyone have any guess what the issue could be?

When I ping the Mitel from the internal LAN I get a constant, steady stream of replies, so I don't believe it's an intermittent connection issue.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Voice mail to email works intermittently
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 12:40:59 PM »
mail.mainlog

I suspect it's a software issue... There have been many security updates in O365.

What software version are you running?

Offline dfosbenner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 01:14:33 PM »
mail.mainlog

I suspect it's a software issue... There have been many security updates in O365.

What software version are you running?
As I mentioned, I switched from O365 to gmail.  I confirmed it's working using an SMTP sending test site, and I use said account from copiers and other devices every day.  And it does work, sometimes.  If it were something like multifactor authentication, SSL, etc it wouldn't work 100% of the time.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 04:37:44 PM »
Look at your mail.mainlog file, it will hold the answers.

Offline dfosbenner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 07:01:02 PM »
Would you be kind enough to tell me how/where I find that? 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2022, 11:30:36 PM »
Would you be kind enough to tell me how/where I find that?
Open MSA&D, connect to system and enable active System Monitor... In the Favorites tab, System Information applet, under the Software section choose "View System Logs" button, and then scroll down to the System section.

Offline QCtech

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 12:26:08 PM »
We have a Mitel 5000 installed in 2014 and it's been pretty flawless until last month.  Suddenly we were not getting voicemail sent to email except maybe 5% of the time.  (Forward & Copy - they go to the phone as well).  We'd get a message come through once in a while, like 1 in 10 or 20.  We were using an Office365 email account which is also used with other devices that send email alerts at our site, and those systems continue to send mail without issue.

For testing, I setup a gmail account just for the Mitel, and the result is the same, it works only 5-10% of the time.  I've been over the Email Gateway settings 100 times.  (If it was an incorrect setting, it wouldn't work at all).  There's no pattern, time, or any consistent thing I can pin down as to why this is suddenly an issue.

1) Where can I find the logs in the Mitel that would show email sending activity?
2) Does anyone have any guess what the issue could be?

When I ping the Mitel from the internal LAN I get a constant, steady stream of replies, so I don't believe it's an intermittent connection issue.

I have worked on this exact issue with tech support regarding a few of our vendors. For office365 to work, you have to be on 6.3 SP6 or 6.3 SP7. In the email gateway settings there will be a setting "Allow any authorization servers". That must be set to yes. That will fix your problem.

If you are on any previous level of software, there is a patch that must be installed.

Offline dfosbenner

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 12:29:00 PM »
Well this confirms I'm not crazy at least!  Thanks for the reply.  My local telco dropped support of Mitel and left me high and dry.  I'm usually adventurous but I'm not sure if I want to try this on my own.  Sigh.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10