Author Topic: Outgoing call using Ring Group number?  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Chicken

• View Profile
Outgoing call using Ring Group number?
« on: April 13, 2022, 02:20:44 PM »
Hello, is it possible to make outgoing calls as the ring group DID number? I don't know what line value I should add to give that option. Multi-Call gives me a "the directory number is in use elsewhere".

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Outgoing call using Ring Group number?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 08:53:02 AM »
You're looking for CPN Substitution. In Telephone Directory > Associated Directory Numbers you can usually add the extension, then the number you want substitute. I think starting with MiVB 7 you can also add CPN Substitution from Users and Devices. Your carrier may or may not allow this on outgoing calls.

Offline Chicken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 01:49:37 PM »
Thank you for that! I guess I'm still running into a wall.

We're trying to have a small team of 4 answer customer calls from time to time (should be less than 10 calls a day). However, they want to be able to call a customer back and have the ring group number displayed in the caller ID so the customer doesn't have their DID line number but the DID of the ring group.

However, during business work/calls, they do want their personal DID number to be displayed...

I deleted the ring group and just created a normal user and gave my phone MultiCall for that extension. However, when I click it and make a call, it displays my DID line, not the DID I created. Make sense?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 08:20:19 AM »
Try it with a Key System appearance instead of multicall and see if that does the trick.

Offline Chicken

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 08:42:12 AM »
Try it with a Key System appearance instead of multicall and see if that does the trick.

Thanks, I tried the DSS/Busy lamp but it also wouldn't let me. At this point, I just created it as a normal user and added Multi-call button to the individuals' handsets. Changing COS "Non-Prime Public Network Identity" allowed me to choose the alternate number and dial out and send the caller ID of that extension (for anyone interested).

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 05:58:37 PM »
You need a cos option enabled for a key to present a different caller id

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10