Author Topic: Mitel 5634 WiFi Phone Issue  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Martin

• View Profile
Mitel 5634 WiFi Phone Issue
« on: April 13, 2022, 05:35:25 AM »
Bit of a general query here but just wanted to see if this rang any bells for anyone.

Currently having a bit of an issue with setting up 5634 WiFi phones on a corporate WiFi network to connect to an external MBG. Basically the phone connects absolutely fine to the WiFi, picks up a DHCP lease absolutely no issues there but just wont connect to the MBG, screen showing "no access"

This would normally point to something blocking the traffic, but there is absolutely nothing that I can find thats restricting it. Running the teleworker network analyser from the WiFi subnet against the MBG returns that all required ports are open, including SIP UDP 5060, audio ports etc..

Taking this phone away from the corporate network, either on a hotspot or a home connection, the phone will work fine, which proves that there are no credential issues. Also if you setup a 5624 with exactly the same settings, this will connect fine on that WiFi network, it only seems to affect 5634's.

I guess my question is, does anyone know of any 'gotchas' with the newer 5634s or any settings on the device itself which may help the scernario when a 5624 with exactly the same settings would work? It almost suggests something NAT related but still need to look into that further

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5634 WiFi Phone Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 09:41:00 AM »
Currently having a bit of an issue with setting up 5634 WiFi phones on a corporate WiFi network to connect to an external MBG. Basically the phone connects absolutely fine to the WiFi, picks up a DHCP lease absolutely no issues there but just wont connect to the MBG, screen showing "no access"

Taking this phone away from the corporate network, either on a hotspot or a home connection, the phone will work fine, which proves that there are no credential issues. Also if you setup a 5624 with exactly the same settings, this will connect fine on that WiFi network, it only seems to affect 5634's.

It sounds like you are stating this works offsite but not on the LAN. If so, it's likely DNS or routing on your LAN back into whatever you have assigned to the MBG.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 10:54:31 AM »
don't use UDP, configure the phone to use sip TLS instead. You very likely have some sip 'deep packet inspection' firewall messing up your sip messaging. Logs from MBG would also help figure it out.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 06:05:58 AM »
On site today doing further troubleshooting. As an update, I have a 5624 with me, connected to the network with the exact same settings and works absolutely fine. When I switch back to the 5634 I just get no access again... Bizzare.

Got to be something different about this newer model..

Offline drwats1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 06:38:54 AM »
Hello there!

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
I have the same issue on a customer site - it'll connect perfectly fine via the MBG but not when on site, but a 5624 works fine.
I also have an issue on another site where the 5634 will only connect via 5g to the Wi-Fi network and then the user gets poor voice quality during a call.

Offline Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 05:27:25 AM »
Hi drwats

Nope, never got to the bottom of it. Ended up going back to good old 5624's!

Cheers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10