Author Topic: Dialing out dials internally  (Read 1809 times)

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Dialing out dials internally
« on: April 12, 2022, 10:29:33 AM »
Hello all,

I made a post once before here and I'd like to mention again first off that I am not anywhere near a Mitel expert, telecom admin is not my actual job here but I've inherited it from the previous admin who has yet to be replaced, so please be patient with my lack of knowledge of the system.

Now on to the issue, one particular department has found that when they attempt to dial out (on our system its set to dial 9 before the area code to dial externally) to a particular area code, 828, it ends up dialing the particular extension of an internal user, who is remote and has their phone configured as a teleworker. If they dial 9-1-828... they are able to dial out, but no other area code requires the 1 to be dialed. This happens even from my phone and other phones on campus, it always dials to this internal user. Does anyone know why this is?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Dialing out dials internally
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 01:29:50 PM »
There's a conflict in your dialplan. Go to Maintenance Commands and do a "locate number [digits]" and a "dgt trace [digits]", that will tell you how a dialed digit string is routed and what that points to.

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 09:04:12 AM »
Thanks Lundah, the dgt trace actually managed to find something I think is useful, its showing the first portion of that number is set as a system speedcall, but where that setting is i'll have to find, as I say, telecomm admin is not my normal duty here.

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 09:24:30 AM »
So i actually have found a long list of the speed calls, with other 828 numbers, as well as some internal numbers set to speed call to other internal numbers, not sure why these were set this way, i'll have to see what is safe to delete.

Offline dfahey

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 12:04:52 PM »
Wow, what are the chances I have the same issue on the same month lol!

Did you get this figured out? I can't seem to find a place to edit the dial plan / digit map in the phone. New to Mitel, not new to VOIP but normally a phone will have a digit map to tell the phone when to auto connect the call and so fourth. Typically how I'd fix this is add a 3 sec short timer on the end of a valid 4 digit extension, but I can't seem to find where to do this.

My issue is not routing to short codes though, it's routing to a valid extensioned user.

Offline SamuelM

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 10:08:27 AM »
Yes! I did solve it, the dgt trace that lundah suggested told me it was a system speedcall set in my case, I poked around finding the system speedcall settings to find in fact there was many of these numbers set similarly, some for even internal extensions dialing to other internal extensions, being that this was setup long before my time working with the system here I only removed the one that was causing the specific problem in this instance. Look under System Properties -> System Feature Settings -> System Speedcalls

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10