Author Topic: Dial Remote System Extension  (Read 1170 times)

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
Dial Remote System Extension
« on: March 29, 2022, 03:27:08 PM »
Hi There,

I have a Office 250 that is linked to a few different systems (non-mitel)via SIP. I can dial into the 250 just fine.. and I can dial out of the 250 to extensions on these other systems fine too however I must dial 8 first and then dial the extension number of the remote system.. but only if I set that mitel extension to use the SIP trunk to that specific system as its outgoing extension.

Anyone have some tips on how to configure ARS? I'd also like the ability to just dial the remote extension without having to dial an 8 first.

The setup would be very simple. For the sake of this example lets say remote system is all extensions 10000-10099 and the trunk number is 92002 and I want it to only route calls to this trunk if its a 10000-10099.. all other calls would go through 92001.

Any tips would be great. Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dial Remote System Extension
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 07:25:49 AM »
jeremywatco,

Apparently you are not aware of how the system works with regards to ARS. If you are using ARS then you have to use a code to access it; plan and simple.

What you don't have to do is use ARS or the Outgoing key to make an outgoing call, but you will have to select a trunk group to make the call through.

There are ways to configure a phone to use an IC key for Internal calls and all other calls go out through your Call Keys, but that still requires you to choose something at some point. This would also confuse your users who now have to press the IC Key to talk to another user.

Another way would be to create a lot of phantom extensions that forward the call through the correct Trunk Group to the extension you dialed. Keep in mind you are limited to 250 phantom/hot desk users in the system; hence 250 in the name.

My suggestion is to just put Trunk Group Keys on the phone and label then for the site you want to call. When you select that Trunk Group Key then you can just dial the extension you want to call at that site as this would require the least amount of programming.

Sorry,

TE

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 11:52:30 AM »
Thanks for the response. Honestly we won't have a large number of remote extensions and the Phantom / Forwarding route seems good to me. Just ran a test and it works flawless.... except.... I have to hit # after dialing the phantom extension. Both the local and phantom extension numbers are the same number of digits. Any pointers on why I can dial 22401 local and it rings right through but 10032 phantom waits until I send it with a #.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 02:05:06 PM »
jeremywatco,

Long story short, it is waiting to see if you are going to dial anything else as it thinks that is a possibility based on how the system is configured.

Even though you are thinking of it in terms of an extension number it is actually a trunk call not an intercom call so it is waiting for the extra digits to be dialed to get to 7/10 digits; depending on how your system is configured.

Since you extension numbers are less than 7 digits then it is waiting for the Inter-Digit Timer before it send the call through.

Try putting a # at the end of the dial string for the forwarded number and see if that fixes the issue; never tried that before so it may not work. In order to do that you will need to view it in On-Line Monitor mode and modify the dial string there.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10