Author Topic: MiVCR Questions  (Read 1468 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
MiVCR Questions
« on: March 15, 2022, 01:51:13 PM »
OK... So I am going to say upfront that although I am certified on this product, I have only installed ONE ever where I was the helper, like 5 or 6 years ago, and it's almost never been touched since install and has been happily chugging away with no issues, until now.

Customer called and wanted a password reset for a user, and said the email reset wasn't working. Turns out that email is broken, which I am guessing is a TLS issue from looking at the logs. They are using Office365 SMTP mail and everything seems to be setup correctly.

Disturbing part is two fold... it's on 9.1.1000.1 (2016), so it's needs an upgrade bad... Is it as simple as just download the latest 9.2 EXE file and run it on the physical server? Do I need a new license key or anything... Nothing shows in AMC for this, just their phone system? The last time I messed with it you still had to talk to Oaisys for things like this.

Also, but the really disturbing part it is on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard... Which is older but still supported, but has had automatic upgrades disabled since install and has never been updated. If I enable windows updates and update fully, is it likely to cause any issues? This server is a physical server dedicated for Call Recording and does nothing else.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: MiVCR Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 07:29:21 PM »
Licensing on these things was never done through AMC, it was its own separate thing (probably part of the long list of reasons Mitel discontinued it). Best way to check for active software coverage would be to go into the system admin tool and go to Automated Service Center -> Licensing and Registrationg -> Licensing, and see if it's got active maintenance on it (end date is in the future). If so, you should be able to update it.

As far as the email failing to send, you might have to just set it up to relay through another server to get to O365 (a MiCollab server can do this),as I'm not sure you can fix the TLS issue. I just checked my internal server that frankly I haven't looked at in about a year, and it's failing to send as well using known good credentials to an O365 account. Just point it to a local SMTP relay instead.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 09:52:29 AM »
Licensing on these things was never done through AMC, it was its own separate thing (probably part of the long list of reasons Mitel discontinued it). Best way to check for active software coverage would be to go into the system admin tool and go to Automated Service Center -> Licensing and Registrationg -> Licensing, and see if it's got active maintenance on it (end date is in the future). If so, you should be able to update it.

As far as the email failing to send, you might have to just set it up to relay through another server to get to O365 (a MiCollab server can do this),as I'm not sure you can fix the TLS issue. I just checked my internal server that frankly I haven't looked at in about a year, and it's failing to send as well using known good credentials to an O365 account. Just point it to a local SMTP relay instead.
So is upgrading just downloading the installer from the software download sections on Mitel's site and running it?

Also, Windows Update wants to do a ton of updates, including to SQL (to SP4 or something)... Are those safe to do?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 09:14:50 PM »
FWIW...

Upgrading to MiVCR 9.2 SP7 fixes the email issues, works fine now. Support said that 9.1 only supported TLS 1.0 encryption which Office365 stopped supporting, but 9.2 supports TLS 1.2 and now emails are working as expected. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 09:17:23 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10