Author Topic: Android and iOS app can't set status  (Read 1596 times)

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
Android and iOS app can't set status
« on: March 14, 2022, 12:41:10 PM »
We have a pretty small test-bed deployment of MiCollab, that we're probably pushing out to a lot more users this year, but we've noticed that some time in the last few months the Android and iOS apps both stopped being able to set the 'Availability' in the app.

This doesn't appear to be permission based, as the desktop and webRTC versions of the app both work just fine. However, on Android and iOS, the Availability drop down is non-responsive. No matter what you do, it just doesn't respond or do anything when you tap the drop down.

Has anybody else seen (and hopefully resolved) this behavior?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Android and iOS app can't set status
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 01:47:44 PM »
Does web work outside of your network? Off the top of my head thinking it could be FQDN related, but if your missed calls and other items are showing that's probably not it.

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 06:46:26 PM »
Does web work outside of your network? Off the top of my head thinking it could be FQDN related, but if your missed calls and other items are showing that's probably not it.

WebRTC and locally isntalled clients both work without issue on our corporate network AND across the internet. There is no issue there.

The Android APP has been tested from our corporate network and across the internet. In both instances the app works as well as it ever does, but the 'Availability' drop-down simply does not respond. It acts as though it is a picutre of a UI control rather than a live UI element with code behind it.

The iOS app has only been tested across the internet, but it behaves the same way.

I reached out to our VAR, and they said they don't use the mobile app and aren't licensed for it. At this point, I have yet to find anyone with MiCollab and the mobile app who could test it to see if the app is broken globally or if the issue is isolated to our instance. Do you have access to a MiCollab instance with the mobile app licensed? If so I would love to have you confirm whether or not you can change your status in-app, and what app version you're running.

Offline VeeDubb65

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2022, 02:24:50 PM »
So my testing was flawed.

I onboarded my cell phone to the corporate WiFi, and it still didn't work, so I concluded that it couldn't be a firewall or border gateway issue. However, I didn't force-close the app or reboot my phone after changing networks.

Today, I did just that, and found that if I force close the app and relaunch while connected to the corporate WiFi I am able to use that drop-down. If I force close the app and launch while connected externally, it doesn't work. That tells me that the issue is entirely in our firewall or border gateway.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be more specifically? We're not seeing anything dropped in the firewall logs, and the MBG/MiCollab logs are so verbose that they're not really usable unless you already know what you're looking for.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10