Author Topic: Unable to access embedded admin web portal  (Read 2052 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Unable to access embedded admin web portal
« on: March 04, 2022, 11:16:41 AM »
We have one customer who is on older software, MCD 7.1.9, and it works fine, but in the last month or so we cannot access the admin web page anymore, it just gives a security error and can't continue. Tried FireFox and the depreciated TLS fix, but it still won't work... Even with Internet Explorer it shows a similar error. System has been rebooted. Any idea how to access it short of using the software installer to upgrade it to the latest version of 8, meaning the customer would need to renew SWA, which they don't want to do because they are ripping it out and moving to their parent corporations hosted system towards the end of the year?

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
Re: Unable to access embedded admin web portal
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 07:28:20 PM »
what version of IE were you using ?
you probably need  IE 8 or 9
i normally use a Virtual XP Pro machine for troubles like this

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 02:07:01 PM »
Give the browser SeaMonkey a try.

We have one customer who is on older software, MCD 7.1.9, and it works fine, but in the last month or so we cannot access the admin web page anymore, it just gives a security error and can't continue. Tried FireFox and the depreciated TLS fix, but it still won't work... Even with Internet Explorer it shows a similar error. System has been rebooted. Any idea how to access it short of using the software installer to upgrade it to the latest version of 8, meaning the customer would need to renew SWA, which they don't want to do because they are ripping it out and moving to their parent corporations hosted system towards the end of the year?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 04:25:50 PM »
Give the browser SeaMonkey a try.
I can give it a shot, but isn't it based on Mozilla/Firefox? If so, I don't think it will work... This is one of those versions that required Internet Explorer to work, but it's worth a shot I guess.

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 01:54:31 PM »
Is the Mitel Certificate installed on the machine you are using for access?  I have one machine where when the certificate is installed access is blocked, yet with the certificate deleted you can access the system albeit with a security warning.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10