Author Topic: Network Configuration - Mitel Phone Manager Desktop  (Read 873 times)

Offline RNJack

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Network Configuration - Mitel Phone Manager Desktop
« on: February 24, 2022, 12:01:54 AM »
Hello all,

We're using Mitel's Phone Manager Desktop and having some audio issues such as audio fading in/out and 2-3 second delays while speaking. We're using a mix of Jabra Evolve 65 and Jabra Pro 935 headsets. I believe this may be attributed to a misconfigured network so I wanted to post here to see if there is a configuration I am missing. My MCS server and softphones are configured on VLAN 10 the MiVoice 250 is setup on VLAN 9 with NAT to facilitate the communications. Is this an optimal setup for our system? Should I be configuring QoS on VLAN 10 for specific ports?  Does the MCS Server need to be on VLAN 9 instead? We do utilize a VPN for remote users that is on VLAN 11 and it also uses NAT to VLAN 9 & 10 however we're experiencing the issues on and off of the VPN.

Any help is appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Network Configuration - Mitel Phone Manager Desktop
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 07:36:59 AM »
RNJack,

I am not sure why you chose to put the MCS on a separate VLAN, but usually we expect to have all of the Voice Equipment on the Voice VLAN; in this case VLAN 9. This reduced the need for traffic shaping and troubleshooting across VLANs.

With that said it shouldn't matter as long as traffic is flowing properly through the network and nothing is being blocked. It doesn't sound like anything is being blocked, which is good, but there is still a delay so it sounds like a traffic shaping issue.

Personally, I would recommend moving the MCS to the Voice VLAN to see if that resolved the problem, but if there is a security reason for it then we will just have to start looking at setting the switches up to give audio a higher priority through your network.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10