Author Topic: Any fix for the "MS Access" issue yet  (Read 1502 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Any fix for the "MS Access" issue yet
« on: February 14, 2022, 09:47:14 AM »
Getting super frustrated with having to repair/reinstall Access 2010 several times a week to use db programmer... Anyone found a permanent fix yet?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Any fix for the "MS Access" issue yet
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 03:02:33 PM »
Getting super frustrated with having to repair/reinstall Access 2010 several times a week to use db programmer... Anyone found a permanent fix yet?

I wouldn't expect Mitel to fix it as they're trying to kill off the 250 altogether.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 05:50:57 PM »

I wouldn't expect Mitel to fix it as they're trying to kill off the 250 altogether.
Yeah, I get that... It is something with a Access 2010 dependency that is sufficient to break when a DLL get's updated. When we are "reinstalling" Access we are downgrading some DLL (or other) file which makes it work. Either a newer Access or finding the file and locking it as Read-Only should make it work... Obviously it doesn't really affect anything else. Oh, well... At least this is still a fix, for now.

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 07:10:01 PM »
I was checking Mitel backups and found it stopped working 3/5.  I can open the SA&D GUI (blue screen) but not database programming.    I noticed a bunch of MS Office updates 3/6.  The Mitel backup runs about 3-4 AM.  I wonder if the MS Office updates were applied before the Mitel backups. 

Frustrating...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10