Author Topic: Ring groups?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline ddog511

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Ring groups?
« on: February 17, 2022, 12:48:19 PM »
Ok, so I have a MCD3300 setup.  We have a user with and office in 2 different locations and wants to only give out one extension, but not use hotdesk for reasons.  I know when the phones are in the same location, connected to the same controller, I can setup a dss/busy lamp or even a multicall button on the second phone with the first extension and then both phones ring.  However, when the phones are on different controllers, this doesn't work. 

I found that I can program the buttons as such only once the extension is resilient, but it doesn't ring on the other phone.  I tried to create a personal ring group but keep getting the message that the line is already in use somewhere else, so that doesn't work.  I know I can do 'no answer' call forwarding, but that leads to 10 rings for the calling party  Any ideas how I can accomplish this?

text graphic

Building 1                                              Building 2
ext: 12456                                            ext: 22852

I am trying to get calls to 12456 to also ring on 22852 simultaneously.

Thanks

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ring groups?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 01:14:10 PM »
If you use MiCollab you could have them set up a status on their primary ext for when they're somewhere different that rings the secondary location.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 02:40:39 PM »
You can have ringing DSS keys across a cluster, you just may have to manually enter the monitored extensions in Remote Busy Lamps.

Offline ddog511

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 04:56:02 PM »
That worked - I didn't realize I needed to do the RBL to get it to show.  Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10