Author Topic: new user  (Read 2284 times)

Offline tcoric

• View Profile
new user
« on: January 30, 2022, 04:58:38 PM »
hi there, great forum, much info,

registered to ask few questions about 5540 IP console that we use in our business and some changes i need to do on the machine

greets to all!

EDIT:

Was searching for the issue I have, however unlucky, so I might ask here, not to spam any unnecessary subforum.

In our company we are using Mitel 5540 IP console for our telephone operator and 5340e phones around the place.
Usually we never had to touch the night mode settings, which were set up by Mitel technician initially when the system was installed.

Current night mode setting is as following:

During the day, operator is using Day function and receiving phone calls through extension #0 and that is all fine.
At the end of the shift, operator activates the Night mode, which routes all calls to #0 to another extension on 5340e phone.

Until now, operator always finished the shift at midnight and the night mode was set at midnight to switch over to the other extension, however, due to recent changes in schedule, operator is now finishing at 9pm, so we need to configure the Night mode to start at 9pm instead of midnight.
There is a setting somewhere either in the console itself or in Mitel MCD that I have access to, however, I am unable to find the option to change the night mode start from midnight to 9pm.

Because of all this, our operator is unable to leave the workplace until midnight and it is very inconvenient for them.

Is there any way to change the setting of the night mode to start at 9pm instead of midnight?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 05:11:56 PM by tcoric »

Offline august

• View Profile
Re: new user
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 07:58:22 AM »
On the web admin page, look at the Maintenance section and look for the scheduler.  You should be able to edit the Day and Night schedule.

Offline tcoric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 09:31:07 AM »
Unfortunately, cannot find anything related to Day/Night in the scheduler section, only the regular backup schedules.

I did find something in regards to the Day/Night under Call rerouting section in Call routing, however, I do not see the option of changing time for Night service:

Offline Floppy1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 11:29:01 AM »
Look for a form called Business schedules it may be in there. Also in maintenance commands enter PROGRAMMED SERVICE DISPLAY as the day night switching can also be done via maintenance command. Can you confirm the software level ?

Offline tcoric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 05:12:42 PM »
Unfortunately cannot find the business schedule option anywhere.

Offline Floppy1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 07:58:45 AM »
Hi

The Business scheduler form is not available on your software level. It does not appear your day /night service is scheduled either in maintenance commands or the scheduler form. Are you certain it automatically switches to night service as I am only aware of three methods to accomplish this and none seem to be active.

You should be able to manually set via the console or feature access code assigned for dialled night service.

Offline tcoric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 10:27:59 AM »
Yes, you were right.

As usually, this was a human error issue and not the system setup.

Managed to get it working now.

Thing is, when operator switched to either Night1 or Night2 mode on the console itself, the only setting was that the call overflow is going to the certain hunt group.
It was never related to any time schedule.

I have found the mentioned hunt group and added the desired extension number in it and now it all works fine.

It doesnt really matter the time of the day, they can select Night1/2 mode at any time and when they do so, the overflow will redirect the call to the other extension.

Thank you so much for your assistance!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10