Author Topic: System Forwarding Path and Dynamic Extension  (Read 1500 times)

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
System Forwarding Path and Dynamic Extension
« on: January 29, 2022, 01:13:25 PM »
I have desktop phone and cordless in an office and I'm using Dynamic Extension Express (DEE) to have the cordless ring with the desk line.  However, if someone does not pickup I want it to foward to hung group for 15 seconds and then if no one picks up again revert back to the original voicemail.  In testing I can only get the System Forwarding Path to work when DEE is turned off.  Is there a way to use both of these options if I turn on DEE the call rings the desk phone and cordless but then forwards to voicemail.  If I turned it off it rings the desk phone and then forwards to the other line.  I tried to add another route to the DEE but I can't figure out how to route it to a Hunt Group.  I thought maybe with a Phantom line but I couldn't figure that out.  What's the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: System Forwarding Path and Dynamic Extension
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2022, 11:33:16 PM »
gssieg,

By design DEE doesn't work with Hunt Groups with multiple people in them.

What you are trying to accomplish is not a normal setup nor would it work the way you want it to.

What you should do is create two Hunt Groups instead of using DEE. The first Hunt Group is the extension with the cordless phone which has a Recall of however long you want it to ring those two devices. The second Hunt Group is the one you want it to go to for 15 seconds and its Recall would go to a Call Routing Application that will timeout to the Mailbox you want it to go to; I presume the deskphone's MB.

Next you would setup System Forwarding of the deskphone to go immediately to the first Hunt Group you created with the Deskphone and the Cordless in it.

Hopefully you only want to do this with one Deskphone and not all of the phones in the system as it can only handle so many Hunt Groups [75] in total.

Thanks,

TE

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 01:28:17 PM »
TE,

They are looking to bring a cell phone into the mix on this extension as well.  Would I be able to add the Cell Phone into the Hunt Group with a Phantom Extension or something like that?  That is part of the reason I am using the DEE right now is they were thinking of doing that and it was easy for me to just add the cordless that way. 

Yes this is a 1 phone items... This is an odd duck so only 1 phone I'm doing this with, I will be good on the Hunt Group limits!  I'll be back onsite later tonight and will try this out.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 02:19:05 PM »
You can't link a cell phone to a hunt group. Here's something to try...

Create a Call Routing Announcement (CRA) that times out to the hunt group. Use that CRA as the Voice Mail station in the DEE Associated Destinations field. Not sure if it will work, but test to see if the DEE stations ring, then the call routes to the hunt group when the timer expires.

If that works, create a second CRA that times out to the mailbox. Use that as the Recall destination for the hunt group.

If it works, incoming calls will ring the DEE stations, ring the hunt group, then go to voice mail.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10